• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recommend a complete 6.5 Grendel upper

dpete

A good friend is looking to get an AR in the near future and wants to go with getting the lower first then getting the upper as the funds allow.  Being that he wants to hunt with it too I told him about my Grendels and he likes the idea.  What companies use decent but not outrageously priced barrels in their complete uppers.  Anything with a BCA barrel is not even considered. 

20 minutes ago, dpete said:

A good friend is looking to get an AR in the near future and wants to go with getting the lower first then getting the upper as the funds allow.  Being that he wants to hunt with it too I told him about my Grendels and he likes the idea.  What companies use decent but not outrageously priced barrels in their complete uppers.  Anything with a BCA barrel is not even considered. 

Honestly, no shiit, top-quality complete rifle?!  What if I told you that your friend could have a COMPLETE LaRue 18" Grendel for $991...   :popcorn:

The Ultimate Upper Kit (everything but a lower receiver) is $792, and the stripped 5.56 lower is $199.  That's $991.  Shipping will be about $25 for both orders, shipping separately (UPS), and he'll need a scope and mount.  That's one HELL of a rifle for that price. You just cannot beat that, for the gun that you're receiving.  No way.  

Select the barrel, and the other parts in the drop-down:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit/

Then buy this, in 5.56:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/

There isn't anybody else on the planet making a better gun for twice that price, maybe more...  IMHO...  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Honestly, no shiit, top-quality complete rifle?!  What if I told you that your friend could have a COMPLETE LaRue 18" Grendel for $991...   :popcorn:

The Ultimate Upper Kit (everything but a lower receiver) is $792, and the stripped 5.56 lower is $199.  That's $991.  Shipping will be about $25 for both orders, shipping separately (UPS), and he'll need a scope and mount.  That's one HELL of a rifle for that price. You just cannot beat that, for the gun that you're receiving.  No way.  

Select the barrel, and the other parts in the drop-down:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit/

Then buy this, in 5.56:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/

There isn't anybody else on the planet making a better gun for twice that price, maybe more...  IMHO...  :thumbup:

Yep that would be a great way to go but it isn't in his budget.  Two little kids and a third on the way.  He'll be wheeling and dealing selling stuff to finance the rifle.

Need to know his budget then, because that's $991 for a complete badass Grendel gun, brother.  Try to talk some sense into him.  That is dirt-cheap, for a known-HIGH-quality complete gun.  I'm just sayin'...

Edited by 98Z5V

That's gonna be tough to pull off, even for a POS 5.56 gun, let alone a Grendel gun, brother.  Seriously.  Talk him into something reliable, that he doesn't have to worry about, and we don't have to diagnose later.  Making a $500 Grendel won't be easy. 

9 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I like that they're listing their gas port diameter. ^^^    :thumbup:  So many companies are scared shiitless of doing that, because they don't know what the fuk they're doing in the first place.  That's pretty damn cool - and smart.  And that gas port diameter is what it needs to be, too.  Bonus points for them.  :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V