• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.875 gas block

mac83

Any body know of a good railed .875 gas block, preferably a clamp style?  My barrels gas block journal measures at .876 and rather not have to turn down the barrel, just in case I have to return it.

Another option for me would be if anyone knows of any ready to ship 20" medium contour barrels similar to the m110 profile.

Mine came from SI Defense.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea, I actually ended up going with the Fulton Armory clamp on. At first I was going to use the JD block, but that SI Defense barrel I started with had a gas journal that was a little too big. Ended up changing the barrel anyway, but I had already ordered the FA block. It's really nice and solid, so no worries there.

For future reference, when someone searches on this subject - and I've said this before - Armalite clamp-on railed gas blocks are the best in the business.  Everyone overlooks them, probably based on price comparison - "can't be better, since it's so much cheaper..."  I have a few of them, and I have some of the big-name other-shop ones.  For a railed, clamp-on gas block, the Armalite is definitely the best. You can't beat the quality versus the price.

I didn't even look at Armalite, because I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the gas hole placement was a different length from the beginning of the gas journal.

I take it that was in correct and the gas systems are interchangeable between the two platforms?

I didn't even look at Armalite, because I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the gas hole placement was a different length from the beginning of the gas journal.

I take it that was in correct and the gas systems are interchangeable between the two platforms?

ArmaLite also has a shim to correctly place the gas block properly in replacement of the hand guard cap.