• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My first!

Bear

Know where I could find a stainless heavy 16" that uses a rifle gas system? Everything I've seen uses a mid length system. Trying to keep everything kinda uniform, as far as gas and buffer systems go.

I'm a long time target shooter, and appreciate heavy barrels! My shorter rifles are not chiefly for target, but still.

Fulton used to have one. Not sure if they still do.  Criterion has a 16” rifle, but it’s not as heavy profile as it used to be. I love mine when I actually get to shoot the thing. I haven’t had her out in a while....but just like having ugly kids, I keep her picture with me everywhere I go. 

AD0DF2D2-E645-458C-9447-51BE18A6FD9B.jpeg

86A3429A-67FE-4FC5-ACAC-65E95F91012C.jpeg

DNP, that looks pretty sweet! What upper receiver is that on there?

I was just browsing Brownells for barrels, and found a Wilson Combat 14 something" barrel. Special order, and uses an "intermediate" length tube, also not in stock, but kinda intriguing. This is in .308, twist is 1 in 11.25.

On another subject. Stainless gas blocks. A lot of the adjustables are stainless, but not so much on the "fixed" blocks. I did see a couple titanium ones, at about $75 a pop. Are stainless ones prone to gas cutting, or something?

Edited by Bear

That was a JD machine matched upper/lower and I think that’s the 12” PRI hand guard on there. JD is no longer around. I found an article online a while back and I think he made some poor choices and got into a little trouble. Too bad - seemed like a nice guy and put out some decent product.