• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ar-10 Build Question

.270win

Ive searched and read several different things and and have ended up more confused than when I started.  I've built a few different ar-15's and this is my first AR-10 build.  I need some help/guidance.

I'll admit, it's it's different animal.  I've learned that the stripped lower I purchased is only compatible with armalite uppers.

Are there any armalite alternatives that have the same fit?  If I purchase a stripped armalite upper can I fit other brand rails, barrels, gas blocks, etc on it?

Here is what I have:

Diamondback stripped lower - multi cal

I've purchase a lower kit from delta and am confident it's compatible.  

I appreciate your help!

SiCvm3V.jpg

2 hours ago, .270win said:

My DA never thought of going to same manufacturer as the lower.  That is definitely the best thing to do to get this thing together.

Hate to hear that one Delta since I bought that yesterday.  Is it poor quality, CS, or both?

What's the reputation of diamondback?

Diamondback so far has been gtg. Delta is seconds or rejects sold as good parts. All crap for the most part

1 hour ago, edgecrusher said:

Delta is seconds or rejects sold as good parts. All crap for the most part

And shiit customer service, when they send you the wrong thing - or the part they sent you was a true "functional reject" that they  bought cheap and resold higher.

There's TONS of information on Google searches about that shiitass company.  And the same company, with it's other names... 

Edited by 98Z5V

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:27 PM, .270win said:

My DA never thought of going to same manufacturer as the lower.  That is definitely the best thing to do to get this thing together.

Hate to hear that one Delta since I bought that yesterday.  Is it poor quality, CS, or both?

What's the reputation of diamondback?

So does Diamond back have any word on when they might ship your upper??

Guys does this use proprietary pins like the Stag 10?? so 270win, how is your build going so far??

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 12:04 AM, billymagg said:

So does Diamond back have any word on when they might ship your upper??

Guys does this use proprietary pins like the Stag 10?? so 270win, how is your build going so far??

Actually Diamondback DB 10 is a DPMS receiver with the fake ArmaLite slash cut, it will only take a Diamondback upper...