• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newb up in Kodiak AK

DVS99TRANS

Hey guys, seen the site a couple times but never registered.  I'm enlisted in the USCG up in Kodiak, Alaska and have a DPMS LR308 16" Oracle that has a couple bucks into it/constantly playing with.  Been loading ammo for it and love how accurate this thing is for not being a bolt action.  Already learned a couple things fom the site in the past but also hope that I can add to the information base at the same time.  Anyways, cheers everybody,

Mike

Thanks Guys

mantawolf- if you can put down the cash lol.  You could almost do an African hunt for the price of one of these Kodaiks.  They are fricking huge though.

MaDuce- Not that far away at all.  Hoping to hit the ice hockey tourny in April there.  Winter just hit here this week.  Best fishing in the world up here.

You betcha,  once you become an Alaskan resident you can apply for a subsistance permit which drasticly ups the maxes you can catch for the day.  Here when the salmon where running still you where allowed 2 a day.  But with the subsistance, you can go out on a boat and net I think 25 a day or something like that.  I would have to check the exact figures.  And that 25/day goes for each person on the boat with the permit.  You have 4 people with it theres 100 salmon you can keep a day lol.  Rediculous :)

• 2 weeks later...