• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ranger Superbowl

unforgiven

7 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Did you know what you wanted to do in the Army when you joined brother?

By the time my first enlistment was up, I knew that I loved what I'd done, loved the units I was in, and knew that I wanted to give it a little more.  I knew once I was FIRST IN that I needed to get the hell away from these Intel Geeks.  My first assignment I requested a tactical unit, and got it, in Korea.  Next up, was asking for Airborne school enroute to 1st Special Forces Group, coming back to the states.  They gave me my Airborne School - and sent me to 7th Infantry Division (Light) at Fort Ord, CA.  Went into Panama on 19 Dec 1989, and got to see that all the shiit we train for is real, and I was hooked.  I hit the end of my first term there, and made a bet with my Bn CSM, that wanted me to stay there - I'll re-enlist to stay here if you PROMISE to send me to Ranger School.  I did, he kept his promise, and I smoked it.  Then, back to Korea after that - requested the same unit that I was in the first time, and got it.  No choice, really, by Big Army, at that point.  I don't know if it's still in any assignment and personnel management regulations, but what used to be in there was THIS statement:

"For Ranger Qualified Soldiers, first priority for unit assignment is that which the Soldier chooses."

BAM! :banana:

On the way out of Korea that time, I DID get my assignment to 1st Special Forces Group, and stayed there for 10 years.  I beat the system, in a way, and got what I wanted, but had to work my nuts off for it to happen.  I finally got moved to Ft Huachuca and 3 years of that made me say "Fuk this, I'm done."  Retired in 2007.  As a Senior Leader at that place, I saw some of the corruption, chickenshiit, bullshiit, and horseshiit that goes on with Senior Enlisted at that place.  I was done with it.  Didn't want any part of it. 

Now, I'm a happy civilian, fixing anything with an internal combustion engine, and making guns run.  I love it all...   :hail:

Edited by 98Z5V

19 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

By the time my first enlistment was up, I knew that I loved what I'd done, loved the units I was in, and knew that I wanted to give it a little more.  I knew once I was FIRST IN that I needed to get the hell away from these Intel Geeks.  My first assignment I requested a tactical unit, and got it, in Korea.  Next up, was asking for Airborne school enroute to 1st Special Forces Group, coming back to the states.  They gave me my Airborne School - and sent me to 7th Infantry Division (Light) at Fort Ord, CA.  Went into Panama on 19 Dec 1989, and got to see that all the shiit we train for is real, and I was hooked.  I hit the end of my first term there, and made a bet with my Bn CSM, that wanted me to stay there - I'll re-enlist to stay here if you PROMISE to send me to Ranger School.  I did, he kept his promise, and I smoked it.  Then, back to Korea after that - requested the same unit that I was in the first time, and got it.  No choice, really, by Big Army, at that point.  I don't know if it's still in any assignment and personnel management regulations, but what used to be in there was THIS statement:

"For Ranger Qualified Soldiers, first priority for unit assignment is that which the Soldier chooses."

BAM! :banana:

On the way out of Korea that time, I DID get my assignment to 1st Special Forces Group, and stayed there for 10 years.  I beat the system, in a way, and got what I wanted, but had to work my nuts off for it to happen.  I finally got moved to Ft Huachuca and 3 years of that made me say "Fuk this, I'm done."  Retired in 2007.  As a Senior Leader at that place, I saw some of the corruption, chickenshiit, bullshiit, and horseshiit that goes on with Senior Enlisted at that place.  I was done with it.  Didn't want any part of it. 

Now, I'm a happy civilian, fixing anything with an internal combustion engine, and making guns run.  I love it all...   :hail:

Badfukinass brother 🍺🍺 :hail:

Just a regular guy.  I just never like the Dungeons & Dragons weird fuckers that gravitated towards my job specialty - and spent the rest of my career staying away from those freaks...   :thumbup:

Had my Career Branch Manager (total fucking weinerhead living in Alexandria, VA, and never had a hard assignment in his life, and ZERO overseas tours...)  tell me that I was "hiding in SF, because I didn't want to face the Real Army..."   :thefinger::laffs:

That turned into a VERY SPICY PHONECALL, RIGHT AWAY!!!...  :banana:

Shortly afterwards, he was not "permitted" to access my records anymore, for "assignment purposes..."  Fucking cockgobbler fukwad...  

Edited by 98Z5V