• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

drop leg holster. opinions.

sketch

Drop-leg holsters take training.  That was all the rage in the late '90s for us.  But it takes some training. We reverted back to waistband/belt carry.  I still have a couple of the drops, and work them in once in awhile. 

Get ready to work with it, brother.  It was all the .mil-rage, when we had LCEs and LBEs that hung at the waist - had to get to the pistol, so the drop was the answer.  Gear changed, LCEs and LBEs went by the wayside, and everything started to get carried on the plate carrier, or chest rigs - higher.  That opened the "belt" back up, for the pistols. Best way to carry a pistol - is the way you carry it everyday.  For most, that's on the belt, strong side.  No "training mistakes" that way - it's always in the same place, everytime, no matter what the conditions are. Muscle Memory...

That's my opinion, anyway....   :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

11 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Drop-leg holsters take training.  That was all the rage in the late '90s for us.  But it takes some training. We reverted back to waistband/belt carry.  I still have a couple of the drops, and work them in once in awhile. 

Get ready to work with it, brother.  It was all the .mil-rage, when we had LCEs and LBEs that hung at the waist - had to get to the pistol, so the drop was the answer.  Gear changed, LCEs and LBEs went by the wayside, and everything started to get carried on the plate carrier, or chest rigs - higher.  That opened the "belt" back up, for the pistols. Best way to carry a pistol - is the way you carry it everyday.  For most, that's on the belt, strong side.  No "training mistakes" that way - it's always in the same place, everytime, no matter what the conditions are. Muscle Memory...

That's my opinion, anyway....   :thumbup:

I get it! I just did 100 draws in the mirror! I have to do runs and other work yet but I like it.

1 minute ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Nice @sketch 👍. I still use one every fall & winter during archery & rifle hunting seasons. Quicker & easier to draw, especially when seated. Clothing or the tree safety harness get in the way also,  so it's a better option for me in those conditions 

im new,  but try new things is a open door!