• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

dpms? or armamite?

Eclipse1018

IMHO I say you decide what you ultimately want from a 308 rifle. Do you want a hunter? A plinker? A tactical piece? Or a distance shooter?

After that you weigh the options of the two rifles as to which will get you to that goal faster. If there are rifle specifics that you must absolutely have, make sure they're available for your choice.

There is no one sure answer to give you here. Armalite, DPMS, KAC, etc... They all make perfectly fine rifles.

Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I live in an anti-Armalite state so my option was made for me.

As said above , what use do you want out of it . Pmag is one reason to get the DPMS ,match trigger is one for Armilite , if it comes with it .

You have said you want to change the hand guard on the DPMS , do you plan on any changes to the Armilite , if you buy it ?

In a sense, it is less expensive to buy a complete rifle ,but if you already want to change it , the price goes up ,because you are adding to it already.

I think you will find , most that buy complete rifles , change the configuration soon after purchasing it .

Keep that in mind & you may be able to come up with one or the other that will cost you less in the long run .

There are parts available for both types , to change configurations if you want .

Just don't listen to the ones who say , "this is the only one & the best ", they have blinders on .