• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Great Range Day!

planeflyer21

Got a call Wednesday, needed someone to RSO at the club.  It was my turn so I volunteered.  <dontknow>

Went early with the girl, got in plenty of time on the Operator!  Made sure the scope was on with the new Weaver rings and had to adjust both windage and elevation a bit.

Backed it up and played some tunes on the steel!

Ran about 180 rounds today.  Found one mag that likes to let go while firing and won't feed the next round.  Upon inspection, there is a good sized burr on the latching point.  Time to find a phone booth and morph into Dr Dremel!

Mostly ran the German surplus, plus two mags of 150gr Remington FMJ, and a box of Federal 180gr JSP.  All ammo went without a hitch.

Time for a query in the reloading section...this empty brass is starting to bother me.

The smoke coming out from under the handguard doesn't really show up in the pic.

Jon

post-1298-136297270227_thumb.jpg

post-1298-136297270231_thumb.jpg

post-1298-136297270235_thumb.jpg

The Operator has a 1in10 twist.  Just for ensuring the scope was on at 25 yards, it shoots one-hole groups.

I was against plastic surgery...but these gut implants seemed so popular I had to get one!  <lmao>

I've lost a bit of fat recently...on my chest.  <dontknow>  Makes the belly more robust...I prefer to call it a "body monopod for prone shooting".  <laughs>

Jon

Situps?!  Been doing those too...plus stuffing it with pie and turkey.

I'm actually a skinny dude...that's why my chest is losing weight...yeah, that's the ticket!

Swinging that Freedom Machine around is helping to work the muscles the pushups are missing.

This time of year you'd think my colon would lose weight.

Jon

Glad I went shooting yesterday played bury the bone with the ol'lady sprung my back she got a couple of books for her kindle 1-ho ho's aren't for breakfast any more and 2 Kama sutra for dummies[both on sale]think she's trying to croak me [what a way to go]if I stop posting call 911 <lmao>.Shoot on bros.

Glad I went shooting yesterday played bury the bone with the ol'lady sprung my back she got a couple of books for her kindle 1-ho ho's aren't for breakfast any more and 2 Kama sutra for dummies[both on sale]think she's trying to croak me [what a way to go]if I stop posting call 911 <lmao>.Shoot on bros.

<lmao>

Ho-hos haven't been for breakfast in a long time.  Cap'n Crunch still reigns supreme around here.  Nice offset to the bitter taste of the coffee.

Jon