• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gas block

NightStalker

The only difference is in the bore size of the gas block, for the gas block journal size.  There's some weird ones out there now, with custom shiit, but the common ones are 0.625", 0.750", 0.875" (there's a pattern there, 0.125" apart), and then there's the 0.936".

Gas blocks are gas blocks.  Doesn't matter what AR they go onto.  Depends on the barrel maker.

Gas TUBES between large frame and small frame ARs SHOULD be different, because of height-over-bore between the two platforms.  Different bends between the two, because of height-over-bore.

Problem is, alot of barrel makers spec out an AR15 gas tube length for a Large Frame AR...  it's not a huge deal, but it's still a deal, to deal with...

Check this pic - it should be obvious...

P1060719.JPG

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, NightStalker said:

Where would I find a Ar308 gas tube.  Ow that I’ve seen the one above I can see a difference 

Armalite.  The Armalite AR-10 gas tubes are the longer ones, over the standard AR15 gas tubes that most manufacturers use. 

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I fuked up needed AR10 rifle gas tube

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NightStalker said:

No sir it’s on the way

Measure it when it gets there - I'll be curious to what it really measures.   :thumbup:

12" is not an AR15 gas tube length.  It's also not an Armalite AR-10 Carbine gas tube length. 

1 hour ago, NightStalker said:

I will, it should be mid length.  
hope I read it right, now ya got me questioning myself lol

Don't question you - question what the "advertisers" sold you.  12" isn't even a gas tube, unless it's a custom one from White Oak Armament, and you ordered it specifically. 

1 minute ago, unforgiven said:

Couldn't find a AR10 rifle gas tube from Armalite so I went with Fulton FAR .308 rifle gas tube the site calls it similar to Armalite AR10 rifle gas tube.

Have you received it yet? 
I know it’s supposed to be 113/4 but maybe put a tape to it and check the bend to the barrel 

11 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Couldn't find a AR10 rifle gas tube from Armalite so I went with Fulton FAR .308 rifle gas tube the site calls it similar to Armalite AR10 rifle gas tube.

AR-10 Rifle gas...

11 hours ago, NightStalker said:

Have you received it yet? 
I know it’s supposed to be 113/4 but maybe put a tape to it and check the bend to the barrel 

That's AR15 Midlength gas.  AR-10 Rifle gas tubes are 15.5" long.  AR15 Rifle gas tubes are 15.25" long. 

Here's what the bend to the barrel difference is, between AR15 and AR-10 gas tubes.  This is "Height Over Bore" difference, right here:

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2018_10/P1060719.JPG.893f2ef71212b8d89cb4233c0bbb036c.JPG

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

AR-10 Rifle gas...

That's AR15 Midlength gas.  AR-10 Rifle gas tubes are 15.5" long.  AR15 Rifle gas tubes are 15.25" long. 

Here's what the bend to the barrel difference is, between AR15 and AR-10 gas tubes.  This is "Height Over Bore" difference, right here:

https://forum.308ar.com/uploads/monthly_2018_10/P1060719.JPG.893f2ef71212b8d89cb4233c0bbb036c.JPG

Thanks brother I had that all fukedup