• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

NJ (or NorthEast Area) Primers in stock anywhere??

MJV83

Hey guys, I’m in NJ and it’s IMPOSSIBLE to find primers in stock. Obviously online there are pretty much ZERO!! I know a lot of stores carry them and will sell them in limited quantities, but can’t find any near me. Anyone know of any stores with 150-200 miles of NJ that have large rifle primers in stock? 

Any help would be GREAT appreciated!! I’ve been “trying” to get into reloading. Have everything I need, just can’t find any damn primers.

Thanks guys!!

2 hours ago, MJV83 said:

I’m in NJ and it’s IMPOSSIBLE to find primers in stock

It's almost impossible to find primers in stock anywhere in the country.  That's the nature of the game, right now.  It's not a NJ thing - it's everywhere, all over the country.

If you are willing to pay; Natchez has CCI BR2 Large Rifle primers in stock right now. Brownell's only has CCI small rifle magnum primers in stock. They come and go fairly quickly, and are limited in how many you can buy at once.

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-standard-primers-br2-large-rifle.html

I do see them in retail stores nearby from time to time as well. Usually broken down and sold in 100 counts lately. I found some 209 primers locally and paid $10 a sleeve for those. 

Edited by Lane
magnum

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It's almost impossible to find primers in stock anywhere in the country.  That's the nature of the game, right now.  It's not a NJ thing - it's everywhere, all over the country.

I have noticed that, but have not seen them ANYWHERE near me. I do fly a lot for work and saw a Bass Pro out in the Phoenix area but I couldn’t get the store to ship them to me, and obviously can’t take them on the plane with me…so I was hoping maybe some stores in PA or something might have them.

8 hours ago, Lane said:

If you are willing to pay; Natchez has CCI BR2 Large Rifle primers in stock right now. Brownell's only has CCI small rifle magnum primers in stock. They come and go fairly quickly, and are limited in how many you can buy at once.

https://www.natchezss.com/cci-standard-primers-br2-large-rifle.html

I do see them in retail stores nearby from time to time as well. Usually broken down and sold in 100 counts lately. I found some 209 primers locally and paid $10 a sleeve for those. 

I might just suck it up and buy the ones from natchezss…way more than I wanted to pay, but at least that will give me something to start with…until the supply catches back up. Whenever the hell that actually happens?!?