• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Is That A Ruger In My Pocket?

jtallen83

Yep, through a series of events beyond my control I end up the owner of a Ruger LCR 38 +P. Now as often as I hear Bill Ruger saying "no man needs more than ten rounds" in my head it was my biological fathers pistol so I can't sell it. I remember offering to put together an AR pistol for him, he needed something for home defense on the farm that would also dispatch a coon if it turned out that was the noise. His buddy Sam a retired postal worker convinced him his son was a nut case wanting him to use military hardware and he recommended this pistol, I don't think it was ever shot. Now I'm finding it fits my pockets perfect, super light compared to my 938, a little sight paint and a Bantam grip and I may have a new EDC for the summer. I traded off an old S&W snubbie years back, this seems like a huge improvement.

IMG_4536.thumb.jpg.e332a8ee79fb0710d1343019e15ce6fc.jpg

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

trigger pull

Weird, some sort of cam set up that makes it very smooth and light for a double action revolver, up to the bang it's just stellar, easy to stage it up short for a more accurate shot, the whole reset thing is going to take some dry fire time before speed runs. There are a couple good clicks that make you think reset, first one is early so easier to ignore, second one is real close to full trigger extension but if you treat it like reset the gun won't fire, pull just a little soon and the cylinder rotates but no bang:embarrassed:, you have to let the trigger all the way out then no issue. I've never been real big about super precise reset, always overshot a bit anyway, so it hasn't been a deal breaker for me.

yup, the trigger reset requires an almost complete "return to beginning" on these, but if you are used to shooting double action revolver, that isn't too much of a switch.

I like mine.  It is a 357 mag hammerless version.  Don't even realize it is on the hip many times when carrying.  I swapped out the factory grips for some G10s from Pachmeyr, and never looked back.  Also put a XS dot on the front for help with the darkness....awesome additions for me and this little tool.

Liked those grips and sights so much they were immediate additions to my SP101 (except that got the Big Dot treatment), and that is a sweet carry piece also.

• 9 months later...

The Ruger in my pocket, when the occasion warrants, is an LCP Max. I can't say anything bad about it, it works, just like its predecessors, but respectable capacity. In addition to the 10 round flush fit magazine, I have a 12 rounder that is perfect range assistance (pinky rest).

I know, not all that sexy, but I like the firing mechanism a whole lot better than any Glock - right on par with a Kel-tec. Peace of mind in a small package for those quick trips down the road for milk, bread and eggs when it decides to snow in NC 🤣

20210724_083450.thumb.jpg.4c9f9316e7f965f5b45aa778702d92df.jpg

20210724_083617.thumb.jpg.78a3c080cb183616aa06e5941b5eca06.jpg