• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sighting in

Does your range only go out to 50 yards?  If so your stuck with it.  If not why limit yourself to guessing at every range except 50.  If your dead nuts at 100 you can then check at 50 and know both.  If your range goes past 100 you can check those and know all of them.  For warm weather I'm sighted at 100 for everything except my 300 Blackouts.  Those are at 50 but I know they are also dead on at 100 with that 50 yard sight in.   The best you can do is shoot and find out what works best for you.

8 minutes ago, dpete said:

To edit:  Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your post.  A drop down box should then say Report, Share, Edit.  Click edit.

The drop box only says share and report.

correction this one says I can edit, the original only says the above

Edited by NightStalker

41 minutes ago, DNP said:

There is a time limit to edit a post. Stupid I know, bu somebody ran with scissors and we made the decision that what you say stays forever now. 

That was stupid, there’s times people make mistake in grammar and spelling. 
I know doesn’t do any good to complain, but I was never accused of being smart when it came to talking back.  Lol

On iron sights, there's all kinds of zero's out there.  For 5.56, the 50/200 is pretty common.  the 36-yard zero is legit as all getout.

That's for iron sights, though.  For magnified optics, I always zero them at 100 yards.  That's very common, and it helps when you're making charts for other distances.