• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Someone you should know

unforgiven

I had hard hat jobs most my life but avoided actually wearing one a good amount of the time. I always saw them as a political symbol but never heard of that riot, sounded like another day in NYC from my relatives stories of that place in those days.  I see them as an example of government overreach, I can decide when I'm in a situation I should wear one....... always felt like an arse making the flaggers wear a hard hat, wouldn't want a bird schit injury. 

Our crews got rejected from a site the other day. Lately they’ve been requiring chin straps on your hard hats. We had a “retrofit” kit that allowed them to run straps on a conventional hard hat. No longer good enough. They had to go buy special rock-climbing hats to wear now. All to work in the wide open street and on a site with nothing overhead. 

1 hour ago, DNP said:

All to work in the wide open street and on a site with nothing overhead.

Before long you'll have to put gym mats down so nobody hurts themselves. The chin strap schit is funny, my argument was always the first thing that happens when a flagger gets hit is the hard hat comes off....looks like they fixed that schit, now it can really wrench your neck good when you forget to take it off getting in the truck.

They saved my ass coming down from the roof on a highrise and the roof hatch let go and hit me right in the fukin head. On a vertical steel ladder 20' off the mechanical room floor. Always had mine spun so I didn't get $hit going down the back of my neck. 2of 4 kids wanted the other 2. The one with the flag took a Johnson bar hit that threw me 10' into a pile of debris. First hat when I started my time my mom just gave me the sticker a couple of days before.

IMG_20220731_121535104.jpg

IMG_20220731_121524470.jpg