• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig 716 Tread

lc11

Hello All, new to the Forum and my soon to be AR10.  I'm buying a brand new/unfired Sig 716i Tread BDX Combo rifle from a bud at work.  I handled the gun, simply fantastic quality built rifle.  The trigger was beyond crisp, but heavy as hell!  I know the 308 like .22 rimfire, needs a robust strike on primer for reliable ignition.  What AR10 specific triggers are you guys using, that are giving 100% reliable ignition in your guns?  I ONLY shoot brass, no matter the caliber. Thanks for any help.

LaRue MBT-2S, or Geissele Hi-Speed National Match.  I know for a fact those two triggers work like a charm in a .308AR.  I have an ATC SR-Gold in one that has never failed me, as well.

Edited by 98Z5V

Thanks fellas, was leaning toward the MBT anyway, your help made my decision final.  I have an SSA in my AR15, think it's the best trigger available, but have been told by Geissele CS that military grade primers will ftf occasionally, in AR10 rifles.  Again, many thanks.

18 hours ago, lc11 said:

Thanks fellas, was leaning toward the MBT anyway, your help made my decision final.  I have an SSA in my AR15, think it's the best trigger available, but have been told by Geissele CS that military grade primers will ftf occasionally, in AR10 rifles.  Again, many thanks.

I have a Geissele SSA and SSA-E, and both those triggers have never failed me, on any military-grade primers.  There are very, very few "military grade" primers out there, and they're all made by CCI, by the way, for US munitions.  All of them.  And CCI primers are all I use for reloading. 

Edited by 98Z5V