• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

6.5 Creedmoor upper build

Magwa

Ok built the upper all assembled and tried to use my bolt from my LR308 no close... so I do not have go no go gauges so do i need to buy another bolt and try that or? I have been sitting on this build for a year with my thumb up my A$$ time to get it done I want as accurate build as I can make it and want to use it at steel distance shoots.

2 hours ago, Magwa said:

Ok built the upper all assembled and tried to use my bolt from my LR308 no close... so I do not have go no go gauges so do i need to buy another bolt and try that or? I have been sitting on this build for a year with my thumb up my A$$ time to get it done I want as accurate build as I can make it and want to use it at steel distance shoots.

Please give details on what components you have used, so that the brainiacs here can provide quality and accurate suggestions / advice.

Yeah Sketch I agree i need to buy a dedicated BCG tool craft it is I will also get a set of go no go gauges need them anyway bolt will not close on a factory round

Aero precision  barrel 20 inch

DPMS upper

15 inch hand guard maker unknown to me

308USK it is a head spacing issue.....