• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Trigger won’t fit

Baron

Need a little help… 

I bought a LR-308 upper build kit and LPK package from Davidson Defense- The LPK came with the kit. I have a LR-308 lower, ready to build, from 80% Lowers.

The fire control group will not fit in the lower, and due to the profile of the trigger, there is no “travel”.
The LPK package states, “.308 mil-spec quality LPK for AR-10”.
Davidson Defense says that LPK will only fit “gen 1 LR-308s”. I have no idea what generation my lower is.
I tried the fire control group on older, stock LR-308 receivers I have and it does not fit those, either. Those rifles were purchased complete- This is my first LR-308 build- I’ve never had an issue with AR-15s.
Looking further, there are many triggers out there that say they’re only for LR308/AR10s or LR308/AR15s, etc. 
Have any of you had this trigger issue when building a LR-308? Recommendations?

Thank you!

Do you have a trigger from any other AR that you could try?  For most ARs whether small or large frame, there is no difference in trigger fit and function.  If another trigger works in the new lower, then Davidson Defense has once again proven to sell substandard products.  As Rex said, they do not have a good reputation.

Troubleshooting 101. Insert known good group in new lower. If known good parts fit in lower, your new trigger group is bad. 

If new trigger group fits in known good factory lower, but not in your 80 lower, the lower is wrong. 

Sounds like you are saying the rear of the trigger is binding on the slot? Or maybe the group isn't setting down far enough? The above tests should determine which component is wrong. I'd check placement without the selector in there and maybe you can see what's going on better. 

Gen 2 is an experiment by DPMS that was an AR-15 sized 308. Very proprietary. Not sure if it used standard trigger group . You would know if you had one. 

Edited by blue109