• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Now this is a raffle I'll buy tickets for

alelks

When smart people in decision-making positions really started listening to the Afghanistan AARs, the M24s were mostly converted to .300 Win Mag, up from the .308 Win from days ago. 

With them keeping the actions, and replacing the actions for the auctions...  I know, sounds funny, right?...  <lmao>  Say that poop 10 times, FAST!  <laughs>

That means we probably won't get these in .300 Win Mag.  I'll bet these suckers will auction as a .308 Win rifle - which isn't bad, either.  <thumbsup>

I'll be devoutly watching for the raffle tickets. 

EDIT - AL, on second thought, you and I stand a better chance of getting one this way, instead of the raffle-way.  <thumbsup>  2,000 get raffled, 2,000 more get straight-up sold, like this:

"They'll be taking 2,000 of these capable (and pre-customized by the soldiers who carried them) sniper rifles and selling them on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority given to military snipers, active and reserve duty military, retired military, and law enforcement, respectively."

That's just the first 2,000 rifle, Rene - they're being sold directly to those people.  The other 2,000 rifle are what's in the raffle, and anybody can get in that one. 

For the raffle, the only stipulations are:  must be 18 years old or older and a US Citizen, residing in the US or it's Territories.  Must meet all local, state, and federal requirement for legal gun ownership.  If you win, you have to pay all transer fees once it's shipped to your local FFL.

Tickets are 1 ticket $5, 5 tickets $20, 30 tickets $100.  I guess they're drawing this thing at 5pm PST, 2pm EST, on 20 Jan 2012, in Las Vegas, NV.  That's only a couple of weeks away...  :o

The MIL/LEO stuff runs through April for the sales.

Here's the Raffle Flyer:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/M24-Raffle-Flyer-01-05-12.pdf