• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ar10 buffer tube help

lsnone

I just got a psa10 lower and parts kit but no buffer tube kit. The stock I wanted, came with a buffer tube but I changed my mine. I cant seem to find a psa buffer tube kit for my lower. Will any ar10 mil spec buffer tube kit work with a psa lower? I was told to keep all ar10 parts the same brand. 

Hi and welcome.  Hit the Introductions section.  The first thing about 308 ARs you will soon learn is that there is no mil-spec, and only Armalite makes an AR10.  There can be big differences between an AR10 and most 308 ARs.  To answer your general question, yes, any buffer tube can work with a psa lower, PROVIDED compatible parts are used inside the tube you get.  Thats the kicker.   If you are interested in getting all the right parts from one place this is it.  https://www.armalite.com/SACItem.aspx?Item=AR10REKIT01&ReturnURL=/Armalite/Product-Category/AR10-Parts-Accessories/Lower-Receiver-Parts&Category=ac614400-ff09-4cdf-9d35-419a654e7201

Yes they are Armalite parts, and they will work with what you have.  It shows as out of stock on the webpage but give them a call, talk to a real person and they usually can put a kit together for you.

57 minutes ago, lsnone said:

I was going to use the magpul prs gen 3 stock. 

Straight from Magpul's website:

PRS® GEN3 Precision-Adjustable Stock

Compatibility             Mounts to rifle-length receiver extension tube without A2 spacer but will also accommodate Mil-Spec sized M4 Carbine and many A5-length tubes with standard Castle Nuts and End Plates (not included)*

*NOTE: Due to the wide variety of designs and dimensions of carbine receiver extensions as well as the associated mounting hardware, proper fit cannot be guaranteed.  Mounting to a rifle-length receiver extension is recommended to ensure optimal fit and function.

You can probably ignore my previous post about the Carbine reciever extension unless you really want to go that route.

OP, Get that ^^^, and run it.  You'll have to cut that vented screw down in length, because you won't be using the spacer, but that's no big deal.  The rest of the parts will work fine with the stock you'll be running. 

If you want to run a carbine recoil system, and a call to Armalite doesn't do the trick, then post up in here.  I'll help you gather the appropriate parts to piece together a fail-proof recoil system. 

Edited by 98Z5V