• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Case Trimmer

NightStalker

Been hearing about this drill operated case trimmer by Little Crow GunWorks and decided to check them out.

Needless to say I have two now and find them so much easier to use than my bench mount RCBS crank trimmer. I was always having and issue with getting a straight trim on the RCBS so going fast was out of the question at least for me. 

The Little Crow has no issues with that, and I find it’s consistent case after case. 
usually within a thousands and yes I check every case before going to the next step in case prep. 
It measures off the bottle neck and I was concerned at first thinking this wouldn’t be accurate but I’m impressed with the results. I found a glove was needed to hold the case the trimmer sometimes grabs the case and spends it and will hurt the hand if you’re not careful. 
If your needing a case trimmer definitely check this out. 

82239B47-9F8B-49E4-A78F-6473BC58FE3B.png

Edited by NightStalker

I concur... My first session of reloading I used the rcbs crank trimmer (older style) and that thing made me cringe at the thought of trimming ever again.

the collet thingy would never stay tight or hold it to a consistant length.

i then bought a drill mounted trimmer similar to the worlds finest trimmer; ( a worlds Cheapest trimmer) for 25 bucks, and that worked pretty good but the set screws stripped out and I had to epoxy it at one good length.  It worked great but I ruined it because I wanted to trim a neck sized only case so I tried to modify it... So I bought the worlds finest trimmer like you, and that things rocks.  It was recommended to me from some guys here. I’ve been trimming my .308s at about 2.012 +- .0015 every time they get over 2.015.  Makes trimming fun actually now.

What!!??? No 300BLK? The tool looks very interesting and as easy as my Lee Univ' Trimmer is, that tool chucked up in a drill press could be faster. Esp' with the holder below in use.

As a case holder I'd make a plier tong tool. Maybe it would work, maybe it'd fail. But I'd try it. Make it right and it could be used for many size cases.