• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hard to group

NightStalker

Shooting Fundamentals first.  Been down this road before, with a guy that blamed equipment, over and over, demanded tech specs - and his gun was right.  He just didn't know anything about shooting a gun properly.

Verify the fundamentals, and let's look at the rest of the hardware after that.  Not going down that road again.

47 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Shooting Fundamentals first.  Been down this road before, with a guy that blamed equipment, over and over, demanded tech specs - and his gun was right.  He just didn't know anything about shooting a gun properly.

Verify the fundamentals, and let's look at the rest of the hardware after that.  Not going down that road again.

True statement no complaints with the rifle, matter of fact is a dream. Technique is good but do need more practice. I did find a load I like so try again in a few weeks. 

10 hours ago, MtnMike said:

When sighting in a new rifle, scope or testing new loads, I like to first use a shooting sled.  Pretty much takes me out of the equation.  Once I know what the equipment can do, then it's on me to perform properly. $0.02.

And I should’ve used my led sled just forgot it at the house. 
I mean it grouped, just not the 1 to -1 in group I like to see. It was more like a 2-21/4 in group. 
I’ll be doing this again maybe this weekend.