• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Removing military crimps

MikedaddyH

I tried reaming them many years ago and got some primer pockets that turned out oversize. I have no idea how that happened but it must have been me. That prompted me to get the Dillon tool. That was decades ago. The thing paid for itself LONG ago. And despite mine being all manually operated it's very fast!

29 minutes ago, BrianK said:

I tried reaming them many years ago and got some primer pockets that turned out oversize. I have no idea how that happened but it must have been me. That prompted me to get the Dillon tool. That was decades ago. The thing paid for itself LONG ago. And despite mine being all manually operated it's very fast!

Wish I had got one 50 years ago.

Lyman Case Prep Multi-Tool.  Too easy.  Use the VLD Inner chamfer tool, 3 turns, any crimp is gone.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.vbb88pCUwb9EuTLAkEsi2QHaDS%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=67185257b12129da85378fe0e858adbdae368467665810960a387edd0001b802&ipo=imageshttps://fsbulletsandbrass.com/image/cache/catalog/D/Lyman/lyman-case-prep-multi-tooll7777800-100071-700x700.jpg

I have the RCBS Primer Pocket Swager 2, the press-mounted version.  Works great.  Too slow to use, though, if you're running bulk brass.

Keep in mind - you only have to do this to brass once.  After that, it's good until you split a neck or get a case head separation.