• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lower Parts kits?

Scott Clearman

Where do I find any 308/large frame specific parts for the lower receiver?  I already have a couple of pistol grips sitting around. Other than that what will or wont fit from AR15 to a DPMS pattern lower?  I've looked at a couple places but didn't find any specific kits for the larger frame.  

Scott

Different manufacturers use some different parts. Aero and one or two others use a screw type pin holding the bolt catch. Others use a roll pin.

Palmetto seems to use unique pivot and takedown pins.

Most AR-15 parts work except takedown and pivot pins.

Bolt catch is usually 308 specific.

https://www.kakindustry.com/lr308-lpk

Edited by shooterrex

My PA-10 Palmetto pivot and takedown pins were the same diameter and interchangeable with those from DPMS, Matrix and Aero Precision, although the lengths did vary a little. The ends of the PA pins were flush with the receiver instead of sticking out past the receiver a little.
That made the PA a bit of a pain to disassemble as it was harder to get them started.

Aero uses a extra long mag catch button. IF I recall correctly that button wasn't compatible with one of the other receivers I built. I use that button on most of my .308s. I don't recall if it was the PA-10 or the Mega MATEN that the button didn't work with...

M5 Lower Parts Kit.jpg