• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Another guy from AZ

WildWillie

2 minutes ago, shooterrex said:

I'd bet the flat wire spring is to long and your buffer won't go in the buffer tube far enough.

I may be wrong but I don't think so.

It has already worked through about 300 rounds of M80 ball. With the stubby buffer and in the shorter (A5?) spring tube. The longer tube 'should' not present a problem. But until I get up to speed on this weapon platform, I'll just call it a SWAG for now and see what happens. I spent over 40 years as an engineer and never stopped learning. It's all good. :thumbup:

29 minutes ago, WildWillie said:

With the stubby buffer and in the shorter (A5?) spring tube.

VLTOR A5 receiver extensions are 7 5/8" internal depth (VLTOR is the only one that makes the real A5 extensions).  AR15 Carbine receiver extensions are 7.000" internal depth, but commercial industry standards. The true depth of the AR15 Carbine extension (Eugene Stoner's spec) is 6 15/16" internal.  The commercial market doesn't really GAF about that extra 1/16" internal depth, and on a true AR15, it really doesn't affect anything function-wise.  It's immaterial. 

There's no way that you were shooting an A5 extension with a 2.500" stubby buffer - it would have locked up your gun on the first shot, lodged that BCG deep into the lower receiver and extension.  Just MY observances on the terminology used, so some drive-by fool that only lurks here, reads something once in awhile, comes in here and sees that and tries it.  Unpossible.  2.500" buffer, real A5 extension = imminent disaster on your horizon, once you jerk that trigger.

Public Service Announcement almost over.  Terminology matters.  Now, the Public Service Announcement is over... 

Found a few more of the Shooting Heaven.  SDTF.  The Secret Desert Test Facility. 

20191011_145756.jpg

PicsArt_10-13-09.11.18.jpg

PicsArt_10-13-07.58.55.jpg

PicsArt_10-13-08.51.47.jpg

The only limits are your gun, your load, and your skill.  The real estate is already here.  And it's perfect for this kind of stuff.