• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Tractor pulls

shepp

Went to my cousins motocross a few weekends ago and it really made me miss shooting motorsports. 

yesterday the state tractor pull association was in town so I decided to go down knowing I’d run into someone I knew. Well I ran into a photo friend of mine and ended up pulling a media pass. 

I missed the alcohol burners, but got to see the super farm, prostock diesel trucks and prostock diesel tractors. Those prostock tractors are running a 5” turbo, you can see it in the blue tractor after they got the fire put out

7zNspGQ-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

Jf2PS77-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

nHq2JpN-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

nCj8crC-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

VDzfjx9-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

rKBMFZW-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

SSdzQqk-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

PHNdB8D-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

B5McCVT-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

7KGjHjw-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

2JXh3qR-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

skk74dX-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

jHg8Mhg-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

FGN2kW3-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

fnSSSXt-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

PzKv7Zq-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

SsSBbQc-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

J9Sq8cb-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

JQRRPW4-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

4g8r6Ks-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

NvsKDRp-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

Grew up watching the tractor and truck pulls at the county fairgrounds.  As a kid, I couldn't wait until they announced when the next one was, and I'd be all fired up, couldn't wait to go.  I love this stuff.

People that have never seen this in person have no idea how much of an equalizer that transfer sled is, that they have to pull. 

On 7/9/2023 at 10:37 PM, 98Z5V said:

Grew up watching the tractor and truck pulls at the county fairgrounds.  As a kid, I couldn't wait until they announced when the next one was, and I'd be all fired up, couldn't wait to go.  I love this stuff.

People that have never seen this in person have no idea how much of an equalizer that transfer sled is, that they have to pull. 

I figured you’d enjoy this! The announcer for this was awesome he explained so much about the up coming class while they changed the weights and what not on the sled. It had been years, I’ve never seen the trucks run in person and never these new tractors it was pretty wild!

On 7/10/2023 at 7:06 AM, DNP said:

Right on Shepp!  I’m hurting for a little race photography. I might have to get out again sometime to fix that. It’s been a while. 

Do it man! Just don’t tell dusty I said that! Lol. Wild life is zen, but this brings back memories and takes me back 15-20 years

I mentioned to her just a few weeks ago that I haven’t been in Baja for 16 years. That’s the last time I was south of the border. 2007 when her friend got kidnapped coming back from the race. She told me I shouldn’t plan on being back there any time soon. I’ll have to hit one of the Nevada races. 

Edited by DNP

On 7/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, DNP said:

I mentioned to her just a few weeks ago that I haven’t been in Baja for 16 years. That’s the last time I was south of the border. 2007 when her friend got kidnapped coming back from the race. She told me I shouldn’t plan on being back there any time soon. I’ll have to hit one of the Nevada races. 

Let’s do KOH next year 😁

9 hours ago, DNP said:

I mentioned to her just a few weeks ago that I haven’t been in Baja for 16 years. That’s the last time I was south of the border. 2007 when her friend got kidnapped coming back from the race.

Then it was Jan or Feb 2008 that we met up for a dune trip and 250R transfer - that weekend, Mister Illegal Mexican Mobster in a Hummer t-boned a USBP Agent on the south side of the Ogilby Road overpass, and hauled ass back to Mexico, straight through the south dunes.  Not long after that - 2008, for politically minded folks, think about who was President...   we had that HUGE border wall south of Buttercup, on the border. 

Crazy times.