• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

new from So Wisconsin

shepp

set a goal this year i wanted my first pistol, and an AR this year.

been wanting a pistol for years but couldnt justify it i guess you could say. well now wi is a CCW state that was one plus (not that i really plan on carrying alot but its  my right ;) ), and the other is alot of my buddies have been picking them up so it gives me more people to shoot with. last month i picked up a  springfield armory XD-40 4" really like it shoots smooth and spot on.

so my other goal has been to pick up an AR but i didnt want a .223 because other then shooting at the range i donno what else i could really use it for. this it what made me want the .308 because i could use it for hunting bigger game also.

did alot of reading on the net, and really liked the RRA LR8 elite operator. then talked to a few of me friends who are either in the gun business or i know know their poop and all of them have AR platform guns and all of them spoke highly of Rock River Arms. only thing that turned me off was and ameture review i saw on youtube, but after some further review i think the guy was kinda a sissy LOL.

im not very smart in all the tecnical lingo and what not, ive been shooting and hunting for 17 years so im not noobie to guns. hope to learn some things here

neal

Hi Neal, and welcome to the site. I've often heard it said that in Wisconsin, wintertime is the nicest 10 months of the year.

wish it was true, we've hardly gotten any snow this year and its been above 40 more then its been below this winter. ive gotten out ice fishing twice this year, normally there is about 10-12" of ice on the lake by now, some are lucky to have 6".

Welcome from So. Wisconsin too..Im in the Lake Geneva area...Where are you at..?

milton, just north of janesville.