• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Handgun chambered AR-15 What caliber has the most readily available magazines?

imschur

Never, ever had a misfeed or double feed, not once.  Hell, I've never had any kind of malfuction through this thing, and I'm over 500 rounds now.  The advantage of the straight-Oly setup is one that no other manufacturer offers - and one that I'll give up once I go to the CNC Guns dedicated lower...

Last round hold-open.  With the new-style Oly mags, you have two BIG benefits: run any standard AR-15 lower you want, and last round hold-open. 

Disadvantage: mag capacity, compared to a standard AR-15.  This Oly mag is supposed to hold 18 rounds, which isn't really anything to sneeze at.  Most I can get in there, and I'm no sissy, is 15 rounds.  I've stuffed another one in there, to 16, a couple times, but it is a FIGHT. 

So, with the CNC Guns lower, I'll lose the last round hold-open.  I'll gain a true 30-round capacity, with the GG mags.  They're not a bitch to load, either.  I'll run a BAD lever on it, so I can lock it to the rear quickly, and deal with my configuration - I'm trading capacity for function and manipulation.  Oh, and a straight effin' SICK looking lower...  <laughs> <lmao>

Neutered what?  Stock?  Fixed stock - Magpul MOE Rifle length.  Barrel length?  The oly comes with a 16" barrel - no other config from them.  Fixed muzzle device?  No issue, run the YHM .45 QD hider...  so you can run a Wraith can on it later...  10-round mags?  What if you're running WWII mags?  Use surplus GG mags, man - DEFINITELY before 1968.  <thumbsup>

What else you got for me?  I can help you change your plan...  <lmao> <munch>   

Done.  Options above.  Pinned YHM, this one:

yhm-9853A.jpg

Run this on it later (and on any of your other .45s):

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_56&products_id=350

Run this for a "pinned" stock - doesn't need to be pinned at all, and it would go well with the build:

MAG404-BLK.JPG

I don't see the issue here, brother...  <dontknow>