• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy checking in...

specopsscout

Hey Folks,

I just wanted to stop in and give a quick intro. My name is Harry and I've got a little experience with .308 ARs. I owned an ArmaLite AR10T about eight years ago. I shot it for a few years then moved into bolt guns. I missed the ArmaLite, so I bought an AR10A4 with a GA Precision massaged upper. Shot that for a stretch, then went back to bolt guns. Shot a few AR15s over the break, but missed the 10 pattern, so I just recently picked up a POF P308 Recon. It's at my FFL at the moment waiting to be made NJ compliant by having the stock pinned and the muzzle break silver soldered on. I can't wait to start busting caps with it...

In the mean time, I've been spending way too much money on accessories for it like PMags, KAC BUIS, a Surefire M951, and I'm gonna pick up a Horus Hawk and LaRue base. I'm hoping it'll make a nice intermediate range precision piece with a little extra bite at shorter range.

I came here to learn more about the .308 AR system I've been brushing up against for a bit, and hopefully have something positive to share, as well...

Respectfully,

Harry