• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wow... that's a real ass-kickin'

During Desert Storm I remember hearing stories about Bradley kills on T-72s...  not necessarily penetrating main armor - but doing just about what was seen there... flanking, swarming, disabling and then picking at them once disabled.  I had always wondered how much truth there was in that.  Really cool to see video that lines up with that... 

Years later, talking to an old friend of the family who was an Army field grade officer (I believe he retired as a Colonel) and had spent some time in a war planning capacity, and he implied that the armor encounters between the Abrams and Soviet armor were important, but somewhat validated what I had heard in theater, and noted that the Bradley v T-72 stuff had a fairly profound impact on the Soviet war planning in that they had long assumed that if a conventional war broke out they'd simply roll over Eastern Europe taking advantage of their massive numeric advantages in armor... and the fact that the Bradley had so much success against their MBTs was crushing to that strategy.