• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

imschur's 9mm AR-15 Project

imschur

That's why I'm a little jealous...  He pretty much kept these as secrets, and I wasn't really aware...  <dontknow>  It's  like "keeping up with the Jones's," when you don't know what the hell they're doing...  :o  <lmao> 

• 7 months later...

Shot a 9mm can on the .22 Savage bolt gun, and you didn't hear anything but the "click" of the trigger and the bullet impact on the steel target. thumbup.gif

They're all subsonic, or very close, so I don't see the .45 can being significantly louder on the 9mm, over a dedicated 9mm can.  On the .22s, it probably won't matter at all.  A dedicated .22 can would be optimal, but I think you'd need a meter to be able to tell the real difference - from the shooter's position, it's quiet as hell anyway.

My kid on the Savage FV-SR, and the 9mm can:

JakeSuppressed2_zps971e1275.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

But a .22 can is substantially smaller than any centerfire can. For handguns many guys are purchasing 45 Tirants and Ospreys ad using them on all their pistols. Same with rifles, guys buy 7.62 cans and use them for 5.56.  AAC is supposed to have adapters by now to use the Tirants on pistol caliber AR's.

Me Im lazy. I want a different can for every gun. Sorts like AR's. 8 is not enough.