• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Year In Guns...

98Z5V

DNP made a reference to this just because he knows me...  The Year In Guns.  I've had a hell of a build year this year, based on past parts, stuff laying around without a goal, etc.  My most embarrassing moment was turning a spare gas tube roll pin into a complete gun - I was afraid to lose the roll pin, so I got a gas tube, then a block, and it all went downhill from there.  Before I know it, I had another AR.

Here's the pictoral Year, so far.  I'll get stumped in May, because I'm waiting on parts to be made.  May will definitely be the last one of THIS year, too.  Sorry guys, I'm not building a .338 Lapua.  I won't cave in to your peer-pressure...  :o

Not THIS year...  ;D

January = YHM striped lower and upper, YHM 20" 1/7 barrel (badass barrel!), Colt M4 complete BCG, and various Magpul parts all over it.  Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 scope in Burris XTR High mounts.  It's the most accurate AR I have:

SPRComplete.jpg

February = spare Colt M4A1 SOCOM upper I had taking up space had to turn into something.  I pinned and welded a YHM Phantom onto it to get it legal, and combined it to a AP stripped lower.  Bushnell red dot on it, Magpul parts all over, Redi-Mag (shaved down), and it's BY FAR the FUNNEST gun I have:

NewBuild19.jpg

March = the BIG ONE.  The DPMS .308.  DPMS stripped upper and lower, Magpul MIAD, DPMS LPK, A2 stock, Cabela's Pine Ridge Tactical 3-12x40 scope on an Armalite one piece mount, Troy MRF 13.8 rail, and Knight's rail covers.  I forgot something...  :o

LR-308Finished.jpg

April = Little Woman's build, for her birthday.  Spike's Mega stripped lower, AP upper, Armalite 16" midlength barrel with a 1/9 twist (she's not shooting anything heavy...), Magpull goodies all over, and the same Bushnell Trophy red dot in an Aimpoint QRP mount, and surefire M951 light.  She WILL learn how to shoot this thing well...  ;D

BDayMiddie01.jpg

May/June/July will be interesting, to say the least.  I think it's gonna take that long to get the next one together.  Based on that, and what the damn thing is costing me, it's the LAST build this year.  If I could do more, I would, but this one is killing me...  <dontknow> :o

I hear his weakness is spare gas tube roll pins...I'm sending a whole box for his birthday! <laughs>

Dammit...now it won't be a surprise. <thumbsup>

That poop ain't even funny...  :o  I could grow a gun around each one of those things in a matter of months - it's like watering plants.  Not even cool, man...  >:(

Damn bunch of "enablers" around here.  Nothing but bad enfluences.  ???  I'd say "you guy's just ain't right" but I'd feel like i was pointing fingers at myself doing it... 

• 3 months later...

I like it alot - holds zero so far (around 1k rounds on it), brightness level adjustment is good for just about any light (dim, bright, all of it), and it doesn't cost a ton.  The one pictured is the red/green dot (selectable), with 4 different reticles.  I liked it enough to pick up another one, but one cheaper level down - still 4 reticles, but red dot only.  It's working just as well as the first one, but the round count is much less.  <thumbsup>