• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Finally got my LAR 8

jonawbr

Oh happy day my rifle finally came in! It only took 69 days from the day I ordered.  What a nice solid rifle, I am more than happy with everything except the weight but with a 26" stainless barrel I should of known she was gonna be beefy.  I swear LAR should stand for large @$$ rifle.  I can't wait to shoot it but unfortunately my schedule has me to busy for the next couple of days.  The manual states I do not need to break- in the barrel because it is lapped, is that true or should I still go ahead and go through the break-in procedure?

post-1774-136297274232_thumb.jpg

Sorry had a crazy couple days,so crazy that I haven't shot it yet <dontknow> .  I ordered my rifle right around  January 14  2012, I know it was before the shot show as per my dealers advice. I think I am going to break it in just because why not.  What's the harm in getting more time to familiarize myself with the weapon and it certainly can't hurt.

Sorry had a crazy couple days,so crazy that I haven't shot it yet <dontknow> .  I ordered my rifle right around  January 14  2012, I know it was before the shot show as per my dealers advice. I think I am going to break it in just because why not.  What's the harm in getting more time to familiarize myself with the weapon and it certainly can't hurt.

cool i ordered mine feb 11th, hopeing i see mine mid april. cerious to hear what you have to say after you shoot, cant wait to get mine!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got out and shot it last Saturday.  She shot great but while my buddy was shooting it had a crazy combo of a failure.  Stove piped then double fed at the same time. I was able to easly clear the failures. Not real sure what my buddy did but i put more rounds through and not a single problem and the accuracy is incredible. If I had any buyers remorse that was lost after the first shot.

Believe it or not , you can hold ANY semi auto loading action , wrong & it will malfunction . We used to call it limp wrist , but not having a solid shoulder weld will also do it .

Run her wet.

As far as breaking in a hand lapped barrel , what's to break in , the rifling has already been lapped to remove any imperfections from machining.

Believe it or not , you can hold ANY semi auto loading action , wrong & it will malfunction . We used to call it limp wrist , but not having a solid shoulder weld will also do it .

Run her wet.

As far as breaking in a hand lapped barrel , what's to break in , the rifling has already been lapped to remove any imperfections from machining.

Agree, Agree, Agree. Lube it up and shoot it!.