• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.308AR muzzle device help

I need help choosing a muzzle device. Primary use for the .308AR will be pig hunting, secondary target practice. While hunting I will not be wearing hearing protection so saving my eardrums will be number one priority. Second priority is fast follow up shots to hit numerous wild hogs! I was looking at the VLTOR VC:301, Vortex, and maybe BattleComp BABC, although the latter is pretty pricey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Working with MEGA MATEN billet combo & Rainier Arms UltraMatch 18” Barrel. Thanks in advance!

Welcome from Indiana brother bushjt,no hearing protection what,what can you hear me now what <lmao> Seriously my hearing is poop,damn humm never goes away don't know what silence is.Hearing loss is a one way street be kind to your self brother.

Huh?    <lmao>  Wash

You might also try this:

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/

the BRT Covert Compensator Flash Hider, it is designed to reduce recoil, hide flash and direct the sound and blast forward, away from you and the people next to you.

I have no connection to them but am really impressed with how they do business.

I ordered one on Friday after lunch and it was in my mailbox on Monday, from Michigan to Colorado.

The quality is good, and I am a machinist myself, not easy to impress.

It would seem that all brakes are going to be loud by nature. I understand not using ear protection while hunting, I do it quite a bit. That being said I went to a concert the other week and couldn't sleep afterwards bc my ears were ringing so loud. So it's definitely time to make some changes...