• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTS: Magpul MOE handguard Carbine length (Black)

ou812

• 2 weeks later...

Just to help the OP.

Magpul only makes MOE handguards for the AR15 rifles. If you want to put one on your .308 you will have to make slight modifications to the metal heat shield inside.

Magpul makes all three standard lengths in MOE handguards; Carbine, Mid and Rifle.

Since these aren't freefloat handguards, am I correct in assuming that you need the fixed front sight,handguard mount in order to use these? Also wondering, aren't the different lengths, carbine,mid,rifle actually different for 5.56 as compared to 7.62?

@Jgun, I assume you're referring to the A2 front sight block. Those are the simplest installs, as all the parts needed are already available.

Any gas block should suffice. As long as you get a front handguard cup to line everything straight. Magpul MOE handguards accept round, triangle or M203-notched handguard caps.

Realize that the MOE handguards aren't designed to accept a top rail. If you don't use a gas block with a fixed/flip sight, then you should look into a picatinny front sight. If you use a low-pro, or similar, you'll be confined to optics only. I have seen rifles with MOE handguards and specter gas blocks, with only a red dot mounted on top.