• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

wow, someone tried to break in my house while we slept!

telluwhat

I still can't believe it. On Tuesday morning about 1 am a man came to the back door and started banging on it yelling that we better open the door. Of course it woke me and my wife up. He then started body slamming the door saying he wants in we better open up the door. I grabbed my gun and then the phone and called 911. This guy then flips over my grill and takes the propane tank and starts beating it on the door. All the time he is cussing and saying we better let him in. My wife is scared real bad now. That grill is heavy, it takes two people to move it and this guy just flipped it over like nothing. I was so ready to shoot. I had a hand gun and a shot gun ready for him. The door held up and the sheriff took him down hard. He was on some kind of drugs is what they told me. Said he was scared and was looking for help.  There was 4 sheriff cars and the rescue here to take him first to the hospital to detox and then of to jail for attempted breaking and entering and damage to property and tresspassing. Wow I hope I never have to experiance that again. While I was ready to I sure did not want to shoot anyone. What I crazy night that was.

Yeah I am glad I was home too. I was working third shift the past three years but not now. Hate to think about what could have been. The Sheriff said I could have shot him through the door and they would not have done anything to me, but I really don't want hurt someone if I can help it. That is like the last resort for me. I keep all my guns ready, just have to chamber a round and go. They are locked up when I am away.

Glad you and your wife are okay. You handled the situation in the best way possible. Yeah, you could have shot him, but taking a life is not something any normal person wants to do unless it is unavoidable. You were prepared, didn't panic, and took all the right steps. Excellent job!

Thanks, I hope it never happens again. It is getting bad around here. We are litteraly surronded by drug dealers on all sides and down the whole road. We met with LEO the Friday before this and they are already investigating. Now with this it should help show them what we are having to deal with. It has been on going for years and our previous complaints have fallen on deaf ears. We have a new and good sheriff now and I am sure something will happen in good time.

As a LEO, I want to congratulate you on your reserve and ability to maintain a level head through the experience. That is an extreme stress level that most people will never experience in a lifetime. No one should ever want to have to kill another human being. Whether or not the shoot would be justified, you would have to live with the fact you took the life of another human. Blame it on your humanity, your morals or your conscience, you would feel some level of guilt at some point. Even if the law decided the shoot was justified, there is still a court process and the possibility of a civil suit.

However... If your door had failed to keep him out, and the only thing standing between you and Mr Junkie was a load of 00 buck shot, AND you felt that the well-being of your life and that of your family was at risk... Then please feel free send him first class to whatever god he chooses... Dead criminals are never repeat offenders!

Thanks it messed up for sure. It makes me want to go and get a Concel Carry permit and buy more guns and ammo. I am not trained in shooting a weapon but I am OK at it. I wish I could get my wife to shoot more.

I just hope we can move soon. We hate living around these people. My wife and I are the only ones in the entire subdivision to join the Community Watch! We were also founding board members of our cou ty Crime Stoppers program. Our neighbors don't like us for doing those things.

The car traffic down here on our dead end road has stopped for now. I am sure they are afraid that guy talked. I hope so and maybe they can use him as an informant and clean this place up again.

Moving is a pain and the way the market is,but thier is no changing people selling drugs and gangbanging esspecially when surrounded.I moved because of the little poop next door who's mother refuse to correct the problem,and couldn't leave family at home when at work without worrying.And before the neighborhood totally turned to poop and for sure no one would buy.Don't think I'm some sort of cowboy with a gun,but I have seen first hand the evil people do [not just men].Strung out you are dealing with a cunning animal that will show you or your family NO mercy.Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 is not just a bumper sticker.Rene

Guest LLArms

My only suggestion for next time,

Save the tax payers some money. You know what I am implying. You had every justification to do so.

Now he gets a cozy bed in the hospital and jail and 3 warm meals a day. I have a feeling he ain't gonna be paying for it.

Our country is getting overpopulated and welfare is booming because we have become so wussified (not you, but government programs and bleeding heart liberals) that the stupid people can no longer weed themselves out of the population.

I'm dead serious.  >:(

You are spot on but I hope there is not a next time. I hope that in the next three to four months to be moved several counties away from this one, maybe to another state. We are looking at our options right now. It is just to much crime here. While it is everyplace it is not as heavy in al lot of places as well. If it does happen I am likely to use my Mosburg on him or come around the house with my 308 and test fire it. Hope he is saved because he will be meeting God real quick.

I traded a pair of used RTR series IV speakers for my Mossberg. I just checked the factory engraving and it is a 500A. I don't know if it is old or rare but I find no mention of an Mossberg 500A when I google it.  <dontknow> maybe someone here has knowledge to share?