Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where do ya think the smoke comes from?     The exploding oxygen  bottles of course     dynamite smiley      Wash

I use a mixture of pellets and wood chips in my kahuna....some chips have been soaked in water to make em last longer...I throw pellets in while its smokin just for the hell of it  

No, this is the cold version.....

the cold version?   What u talkin bout willis?

Ill  tell you what.  You grab a hold of the kahuna after 30 mins of those wood chips smokin inside of it....and then call me from the er and tell me how much skin you left on the smoke daddy....  ive got a thumb that sez it aint cold.  Lol.     Wash

It says "cold" right on the side?  You calling that guy that runs his torch next to his oxygen storage a moron and a liar!?

that's a pretty slick little setup that guy has made. I checked and I have just as much room on the back side of the hopper as I do the front. I'm going with your suggestion to mount it back there. 

Edited by DNP

It says "cold" right on the side?  You calling that guy that runs his torch next to his oxygen storage a moron and a liar!?

that's a pretty slick little setup that guy has made. I checked and I have just as much room on the back side of the hopper as I do the front. I'm going with your suggestion to mount it back there. 

Dennis is a nice guy....lol  I helped him get his kahuna working with gmg smokers...he couldnt make it work with gmg smokers because they have a positive pressure inside the grill from the fan and that would cause the smoke daddy not put smoke into the smoker...the smoke would come out the kahuna.....I redesigned the pitot tube for him and gave the kahuna positive air pressure in the bottom from the pump  along with air into the pitot tube at the top overriding the pressure from the gmg.....along with a bigger pump

Wash

Engineering ...whoo whoo.  Electrical...everything i built smoked out. Ha

You will love it...get you some cherry chips pecan and hikory.       Place your pipe a tad above the grill  grate and you need some xtra big washers for the pipe so as to distribute weight on side of grill. And remember you are going to need to take off the pipe off the grill to clean the kahuna so only hand tight and thats also the reason for washer inside. Isnt the pipe 1 inch? Then thats the size of big azz washers

Wash

That's my plan too...same deal, different rub. Meathead's Memphis dust was what I used on the pork butts...not bad. 

DNP    If you dont use the Oakridge Dominator Sweet Rib Rub.....with just a lil pinch of DeathDust on your portion of the rack...im gonna be calling  you Meathead    lol                                                    bbq smiley      Wash

Wash,

I read this the day it came and saved it as new so I could respond.  Unfortunately, a few days passed and it moved down the page of my inbox.  

Glad you found the products.  We're in over 1,600 Kroger and Kroger owned stores around the country.  In every one of them, our products are in the All Natural section.  It's making things a little harder, but it's rewarding to know that folks can find our stuff a little closer to home and not have to order it online.

Thanks for sharing.  Hope you are well.  Happy new year!

Rod Gray
Pellet Envy/EAT Barbecue          ( his sauces are freakin awesome !)
Edited by washguy

I'd take your word for it, but you'll just have to send some this way and prove it...

I like sauce, but I like dry ribs. 

I'll add it to your next day air bill ;) I had a great uncle north of LA we used to send him brats, to cheese and BBQ sauce aren't outta the question

Get under the patio....come on man. I hope there's not a weather category on the score sheet. I call BS and might as well quit now...however, we DID just have floods and tornado warnings!  We might have a little rain, but I'll just roll it under cover and watch from inside the house. 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic