• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Geissele super 3 gun s3g

washguy

Hi Guys    Mr postman left me my July 4th present...its a Geissele s3g trigger.....consider me now a Geissele kool aid drinker ! <laughs>  I have six Rock River nm triggers in some ar's and one Geissele ssa enhanced in one other and in posts around the net I would always say yes the Geissele is good but twice the price? Nah <laughs>

Since my new 308 build is not finished I put the s3g in a 16" .556 carbine....my oh my....we are going to the indoor range tonite to check this out,but dadgum it feels so good.....please refill my kool aid glass <lmao>

there is a separate set of instructions and an extra black trigger spring so you can lighten it up even more...so of course went with what came on the trigger...snapped it a few times.....then put the black spring on....Wow! gulp gulp <laughs>  Wash

Okay Guys    the s3g trigger is all that they claim it to be... of course all my triggers are 2 stage and then there is this 3gun...its no 2 stage by any means and im no trigger guru,but this thing goes bang real easy real smooth and real fast.. the reset is super fast..we were at an indoor range last nite and I was using an aimpoint clone and 3x magnifyer at 50 yards...did a few double taps and then emptied a 30 round mag <laughs>like real real fast....turned around to talk to Char who was sitting a few feet behind me....and there were five guys from the other shooting lanes standing there looking at me <lmao>...soooo packed up the gun walked out of the shooting room and we went up to the counter ...and I said to the guy daaamn this 3g  is fast...and he sez yeah I heard...and dont do that again! <lmao>

so tomorrow its  drive up to Topgun shooting  to bang some steel  <thumbsup>  Wash

That trigger - depending on what/how you shoot - is worth the Kool-Aid.  <thumbsup>

Hi 98  How you been doing?  I owe Bill Geissele an apology. after I got the ssa enhanced I thought that it wasnt all that....heck I even called the Geissele company and was asking them so whats up with this trigger?  I was talking to a tech then he said hold a sec...so okay....next thing that happened was Bill Geissele on the line with me ....YIKES!  So he proceeds to tell me that the rr is a nice trigger but it wont last like his will...and also give his ssa a lil time to come in... or send it back to him ..so long story short...his customer service is great....his triggers are great...and I dunno crap bout what a great trigger should do....but im learning

<thumbsup>  Wash

'Sup, wash?!  ;D <laughs>

Bill Geissele is a damn genious, I'm just sayin'...  <thumbsup>

S3G

SSA-E (x2)

SSA

Armalite NM 2 Stage

Spike's NiB Battle Trigger

Jard 2lb Adjustable

Jard 2.5lb Adjustable

ATC SR Gold

Stainless trigger group, polished

Something else, I'm forgetting...  :o

I'm probably picking up another S3G soon.  It's for a specific build. 

There's nothing - Nothing.  Faster than that trigger.  No joke, no poop, no lie. Period.

Task: Doubles, rapid fire, into IPSC-sized targets at 15 yards.

Condition:  weapon at Low ready, weapon slung or unslung, on safe, round chambered. Start weapon-ready, at the low-ready.  On Safe.

Standards:  Running numbers on a PACT Club Timer II, against the clock, and the timer.  How fast can you repeatedly do it?...

I started these drills on a mil-spec trigger, and was hitting doubles (and that means hitting them, center mass, pretty decent groups) at around 1.7 or 1.8 seconds.  That's from timer sound, coming up, off safe, whacking two.  Second round ends the time.

Best I've done since the S3G trigger have been in the high 0.80-second range.  That's low ready, hit the beep, come up off safe, hit two, stop.  8 tenths of a second.  Average times for these drills now are under 1.00 seconds.  High 0.90-second range is truly average. 

The S3G trigger will hold you back...  if you need speed, and you don't have it, you're held back... I ain't kidding about that.

Anybody needs a vid of the shooting, just request it.  <thumbsup>

Just saw Mr. Geissele video on trgger install and was impressed.At work I use a 2lb.hammer for everything [thats my mentality] so I've been a little intimadated by the trigger assy, cause it semmed like it was fragilly.Bill gave a great explaination and vid on install.While I really have no compliants with my RRA triggers now I'm back to work looking at upgradeing what I have,before I go to anything new.My question is what trigger for what rifle? 1- 14.7 [fast mover],2-coyote 20" HBAR [5.56 DMR type],3-LAR-8 [.308 DMR type] what do you think brother Tom? <dontknow>

My question is what trigger for what rifle?

1- 14.7 [fast mover],

2-coyote 20" HBAR [5.56 DMR type],

3-LAR-8 [.308 DMR type] what do you think brother Tom? <dontknow>

1 - S3G; that is one FAST trigger. 

2 - SSA-E trigger

3 - SSA-E trigger

I wouldn't jump into the Hi-Speed series just yet.  The ones I listed as recommendations are all non-adjustable, and perfect for what they are and do.  The Hi-Speed series are all adjustable.  You set them up to your preference.  That's more to mess with and set up, and it's just easier to install the non-adjustables and get to shooting.  If you find that you'd like a "little bit more here or there," then you'd move to one of the Hi-Speed models.  I seriously doubt you'd want to change a thing with the S3G and SSA-E, brother, as soon as you shoot them.  <thumbsup>

Thanks bro,for the straight dope. <thumbsup>

98Z is right on !  I got the ssa enhanced a while back and I think its  better than a Rock River national match by a lil bit...but its in the same catagory...now the 3 gun....that trigger is in a different world...faaassst ...if I was gonna spend money on a trigger it would be that one! <thumbsup>  Wash

Would you recommend the S3G for a dedicated hunting rifle? I'm just waiting for my muzzle brake to be installed by Allstar Tactical on my Mega Arms MA-TEN build and then once I get it back, it'll be ready to shoot. I put an extra AR15 trigger that I had laying around in it just to finish it but I know that it's not going to be in there too long. I have a Timney 3lb. skeletonized model in my Ar15 and was toying with the idea of putting that in the 308 because the main focus of the 308 is hunting and target shooting and I like smooth triggers in my hunting rifles. (I had a Remington Model 700 S/F in 300 Win. Mag that had a trigger that SPOILED me forever on other triggers! LOL!) I know that I want a lighter pull, say in the 2#-3# range and I'm used to single stage triggers. I did have an RRA LAR-8 Varmint that had the NM two stage triiger, but I never got used to the take up and then fire routine. So do you think the Geissele S3G is a good match for my needs?

Hi Gunner    The Geissele S3G  would be I would think  right on for you , If you didnt like the rr nm two stage...and you like single stage light pull...this is the one! all I know is that its one fast resetting trigger .... :)  Wash