• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Checking in

Big Olly

After many years of owning a Bushmaster M4gery (Patrolman Carbine), I decided to add a DPMS LR-308 AP4 to the collection and then came across this forum.  I admit that I first had to choose between the M1A and the AP4.  Being that I was already familiar with the controls of an AR, the AP4 won out, not to mention being a couple hundred dollars cheaper at that.  I have tremendous faith in both of these platforms and will be adding some new furniture to the AP4 as soon the rail system I want comes off of backorder (Troy MRF-308 Battle Rail).

I am a law enforcement officer in South Carolina and was previously a member of the South Carolina Air National Guard where I was able to make Staff Sergeant. I love my guns and I love my country.  Looking to gain knowledge from others as I begin work on the AP4 and help other forum members where possible. Hope everyone is doing well.

Olly

Welcome Big O! The decision from a M1A to a 308AR is a hard one. I can't say you made the right choice, but you did make a damn good one <thumbsup>.

I'm sure the guys here are more than ready to help instigate and coerce you into burning away all your hard earned money for more toys and accessories.

Welcome to the forums, we're glad to have you! As far as I know, you're the first from SC that has joined and posted in the introductions thread. It is traditional here to post pics of the "kids" once you've described them, so we're looking forward to that too.  <thumbsup>

Thanks guys! Fortunately, I didn't give up an M1A, I just had to choose which semi-auto 308 platform to go with. I typically keep the guns I purchase. I enjoy the accuracy of my Remington 700 SPS Tactical in 308, but wanted something that offered quicker follow up shots and a deeper magazine to go along with it. I'll get some pics up soon.