• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lower Done! YAY!

blwn99x

TM Machine lower which came with A2 stock, and standard pistol grip.Now has Magpul Miad grip, CTR stock, Mil-spec buffer tube, Magpul ASAP sling mount,Heavybuffers.com buffer and spring enroute, 7.62 P-Mag for good measure

Good lookin lower!  I just finished mine a little while ago too.  I cant wait to get some sights or glass so I can go shoot it!!

Seconded on the Pmag.

TM lowers DO NOT like the dirty old DPMS mags inserted in them. (That just sounds bad)

Okay, since I haven't fired mine (well, this one anyway) I cant speak to how my personal one will shoot but since I was one of 8 in our group buy I have been able to closely follow and help build 3 others and fired one.  My personal lower will take DPMS with no problem (not fired yet as I mentioned).  Is the dirty reference to feeding issues or just fitment?  Now the Pmags I have are very very tight in the lower and I had to use some extreemely fine wet/dry sand paper and polished ever so slightly the tops of the Pmags and now they go in no problem and drop freely too.

Totally a fitment issue on the DPMS mags. The Pmags fit like a glove and run flawlessly  <thumbsup>

WOW, really?!  My dpms ones fit and pmags didnt. That would mean the pmags were thicker etc.  Which version of the pmags you have?  The pmags i have are the newer style that do not have the view window, at least that is my understanding.  Now our buy of the actual lowers took place almost 2 yrs ago and from what i have read TM designed around the metal magazines and a bunch of guys had fitment issues with pmags so I wasnt too surprised when mine did it. When did you buy your lower?  Possible that TM fixed the fitment issue?  But then why would your metal mags fit so poorly?  I always thought the metal mags were slimmer and thats why I didnt have any issues.  I have both a dpms 10 and 20 as well as a C products 20 (before they sold the company and went to pot), all these fit perfectly.

Very interesting

well things have been good the last day or 2,just got tax money back today(shhhh, i know its august, dont ask)... so today i ordered, a dpms upper, rainier arms 16" barrel, troy trx 308 12" rail, troy sights,and rainier gas block ,all these are on the way. now i just have to find the surefire 7.62 muzzle break in stock somewhere, and then down the road decide on an optic. I will post pics as parts arrive.