• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Battle Rifle Company

This showed up in my inbox the other day. Not sure what to think with no visible logo, home pictures. Was no functional website at the time of this email but there appears to be one now. <dontknow>

Attached please find the latest pictures of our 308 prototype, scheduled for production mid October of this year.

We received our authorization to begin production, so we are very excited.

The rifle will come in 2 versions-

A hunter/sniper model which you see here in the pics, and a Lightweight model, perfect for sport shooters and 3 gun competition.

The rifle starts on the popular DPMS framework, but that is where the similarities end.

The following enhancements/modifications will be a part of our package:

*Proprietary 7.62 mm Battle Rifle Flash Suppressor *Cryogenically treated barrel - 16/18.5/20 inch options *SWS rails- hunter/sniper model *Troy industries rail - sporter version *(Midwest industries rail will be available in about 6 weeks) *Battle Rifle spring configuration *Polished Chamber & Feed Ramps *Polished trigger *Polished Hammer *Expanded gas port *Custom ambi pistol grip *Bipod (hunter/sniper version) *Custom adjustable rail extension (Troy & Midwest version) *Milspec buffer tube *CAA padded stock *Magpul stock available option *Battle Rifle Single Point sling backplate *Custom spring and buffer set *Magpul Mbus sights front and rear *Battle Rifle Logo markings

We will be making only 20 of these initially First ones going out will be in 18.5 inch and 20 inch.

Once we are done, you can expect a rifle like this to yield a consistent 1/2 to3/4 MOA Scoped this rifle with a 20inch barrel will reach out and touch to 1200 meters

As we get closer I will post promotional info.  These will not last long

6 are sold already- one is going to an Aerial Sniper Training Course, 1 is headed to a person no one knows in an undisclosed location somewhere on a continent I can't tell you about, but they speak Spanish there, and the rest are going to some good ol Texas boys who want to see it they can kill more than one hog at a time with all this extra firepower!

We are taking reservations with a Mastercard/Visa Card- pre authorization of $1000 ( not charged until production units are shipped)  but we have to be less than 30 days away from that.

Thank you for your interest- we hope you’ll consider ordering one.

post-1-136297281518_thumb.jpg

post-1-136297281522_thumb.jpg

post-1-136297281527_thumb.jpg

I would have been impressed a year or two ago. Nothing spectacular about a rifle built with LAST YEAR technology. I see a LOT of differences I would have made. Why didn't their pictures show any of the features they raved about???

As far as technology is concerned. No new metals or coatings are offered. No dynamic designs for ambi feature built into the receiver. WHY DOES SUCH A RELIABLE RIFLE NEED A FORWARD ASSIST?? 

If their goal is just to make yesterday's rifle at a more affordable cost, then <thumbsup>. Otherwise, it just looks like a DPMS Oracle with a SWS handguard. It's a good gun, but it's not ground breaking.

I'll keep an eye out for this company... But right now I see them going more the direction of Blackthorn rather than Mega Arms.

What I seem to be seeing more and more in major magazines are AR designs that have been thought out and put together my our .308 AR family.Just which you guys could recieve some type of compensation for YOUR ideas that others are now making money on.The guys here rock on design and innovation with both small and large AR platform. <thumbsup>

What I seem to be seeing more and more in major magazines are AR designs that have been thought out and put together my our .308 AR family.Just which you guys could recieve some type of compensation for YOUR ideas that others are now making money on.The guys here rock on design and innovation with both small and large AR platform. <thumbsup>

At least once a year someone steals one of my designs/ideas. :(

Although I really like Art's rails (SWS), I'm not all that impressed with the other parts chosen for this gun. I certainly think the MA Ten receivers are superior to the DPMS.

Based on the kitchen counter pictures, it looks like someone is looking to make the move from home builder to professional AR builder. I don't see amything here that one of our members couldn't duplicate.

I checked out their website and I didn't see anything that blew me away. They only seem to advertise their modified M4's and AR15's, with price tags from $1100 to $1700. They could compete for entry level rifles. For the same price (maybe a few more $) you could get a Daniel Defense and be MUCH more satisfied.

I don't think this company is trying to say they compete with high end, designer brand, builders. They are presenting exactly what their name says a "Battle Rifle". A plain, no frills, no thrills, get the job done rifle. Although I believe S&W has done the EXACT same thing with their M&P for a much lower price.