• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Installing JP comp

SVI4ME

I got my barrel on.  JP gas block on.  JP handguard on.  And gas tube on except for roll pin.  I did a test of the JP big bore comp to see how it would time.  I got the correct shims available.    I put on the shimms and the red lock tight and I cant get the comp to screw on past about 2 or 3 turns.  It was very tight without the locktite but now it is VERY tight with the locktite nd it is not cross threaded.  What is the trick?  I was using a wood handled wire brush to screw it on with.  Something better to use?  I even read the instructions with no help.  Almost have this bad boy put together.  Even bought a DMPS receiver block.  Any help would be great.

Well I took it to Dave Lake at Sierra Arms and he had to cut the new treads to match the comp.  Buggered on the barrel I guess.  Assembled the upper for me too.  Picked up my lower too and wanting to dive into it.  Have to get ready for a Shotgun match tomorrow though.

Thanks for all the replies.....

Rob

Well I took it to Dave Lake at Sierra Arms and he had to cut the new treads to match the comp.  Buggered on the barrel I guess.  Assembled the upper for me too.  Picked up my lower too and wanting to dive into it.  Have to get ready for a Shotgun match tomorrow though.

Thanks for all the replies.....

Rob

Does this mean your barrel threads did not match your comp thread?  Glad you got the help you needed.

I'm using the JP (Cooley type) on my CMMG MK-3 and it just about completely removed the muzzle rise and recoil.  I'm trying to decide though if it is affecting my groups.  They seem to have opened up since I put the comp on.  To make sure I'm going to have to take it off and shoot the same loads in the rifle without the comp.

Let me know how the match played out bro. <thumbsup>

I shot like hell.  I was 33 of 85ish.  Keith Garcia won the match.    I had Jamie Franks from Top Shot on my squad.  He was Hi Military.  Also had the winner of last Top Shot on the squad behind me that is sponsored by Bass Pro. I think I went to the prize table before him.  Long long day.  Started at 830 and finished just before 5.

Thanks for the feedback brother SVI4ME,souds like you had a good time,and you shoot great also.Way to go brother <thumbsup> i'd like and I'm sure our members would like to know how the guy's are doing during compatition.Gonna get my shoulder socket clad in metal,then I 'm goona try my hand at some compatition. :sniper: