• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hogan Build Upper questions...

DrDover

• 3 weeks later...

Got an AAC SD6-N suppressor purchased and the paperwork started..... Still really happy that i got the JP BCG while it was on the market. I just wish I had scored a few more mags before this whole mess. Oh yeah the fucking hogan barrel nut takes their special wrench to torque her on.

Well I am not happy with how the DPMS 308 ar bolt catch works. It is very weak and will barely hold the bolt back. Do I have any other options here ? Does the AR10 bolt catch work better ?

I believe the DPMS bolt catch is the same one from the ar-15 LPK. I don't know if an Armalite catch is compatible. SI-Defense used to make an oversized stainless steel version. I have one on mine.

The DPMS 308 bolt catch is a different piece than any AR-15 bolt catch.  On that note, the Armalite AR-10 bolt catch has more beef to it than the comparable DPMS part.

I removed my DPMS 308 bolt catch, and installed the AR-10 bolt catch - in my DPMS lower.  Member survivalshop has posted pics on the differences between the two parts (search it out, it's here).