• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

To Lap Or Not To Lap?

What kit did you pick up?  I just ordered a kit when I was picking up the rings and base...didn't do a lot of research on the matter. Think it's a wheeler engineering or something along those lines. Comes with all the crap for 1" and 30mm. Hope it works out.

What kit did you pick up?  I just ordered a kit when I was picking up the rings and base...didn't do a lot of research on the matter. Think it's a wheeler engineering or something along those lines. Comes with all the crap for 1" and 30mm. Hope it works out.

The Wheeler combo kit, has 1" and 30mm bars and the adjustable torque-driver, plus multiple bits for the various types of screws.

It was on sale at MidwayUSA, and came in a hard plastic box.  The kit only comes with the 240 grit lapping compound, which is VERY abrasive!  So it is worth it to also obtain various finer grits of lapping compounds.

Jon

Good to know. That's the same deal I have on the way. I will look for some finer compound as well.  Was only going to buy the 30mm bar, but I needed a torque driver and figured it was inexpensive enough it would be worth it to have the lot around for future projects too.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about it. I just got a new BOBRO in and figured that a expensive mount like it won't need it. Or just tricking myself into wanting to believe that.

But, if I were to lap the mount rings, who does it? I would do it to lesson any damage that can be done to the scope tube. I just don't know who does it.

Edit; Oh well duh!! Ok I didn't read second page. A kit from midway... I was just at midway too, looking for bullets, LoL!!! What bullets?  <dontknow>