• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glad I found you guys!

meminind

Welcome from AZ and a RRA owner of two of their Operators...a 16" and a 20".

Just got done trimming new polymer mags and stuffing them full (only 15).  The worldwide availability of the FAL mags is what sold me on RRA.

Very (100%) reliable, very accurate.

Keep an eye open for when folks on Gunbroker have NIB in STOCK, and hit the Buy It Now!

Jon

what are you looking to find out? some key points, one in particular these guys are trying to make is the rra uses fal mags. armalite has some rifles that use their mags solely but are beginning to make pmag compatible rifles now as well.

otherwise both brands are well respected, there is some more support for armalite out there but rra is newer to the .308ar market

What is the difference between Armalite and RRA?

Besides the barrel, handguard, barrel nut, magazines, upper receiver, lower receiver, bolt carrier group, charging handle and gas tubes... Nothing! <lmao>

Actually, they are very different rifles. Like Ford to Chevy. Pistol grips, trigger and butt-stocks are the only common parts I can think of. The Armalite has a lot more options for accessories and modifications.

You can use FN-FAL mags in RRA not Armalite <lmao>.Someone on this form was able to use a DPMS barrel on a RRA and someone else was able to use a different handguard.They did there homework in making that happen.Both are good rifles.But even though I love my RRA Standard Operator I also like Magpul pmags.

My RRA's in 5.56 have been flawless in operation.The .308 was flawless till I tried to feed it Belgium mil surlp. other than that it's great no problems right out of the box.I have everything you can have on the .308 it wants for nothing.Being lefty the ambi features got me,ambi-safty,ambi-bolt release. <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...