• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Im a little pissed at Armalite.

After a rifle is test fired it should be cleaned and re-inspected before its put in a box and shipped to a dealer.

bullpoopy.  Welcome to the world of firearms, when you receive a rifle from a manufacturer that actually DOES test fire it.

Bolt guns get cleaned, often.  Welcome to the world of ARs.  Brass on the bolt face - normal.  Brass marks on the shell deflector - normal.  Carbon - normal, in a gas gun.  Carbon everywhere, from the first round.

You're bitching about nothing, in the real world.  Be glad you bought something from a manufacturer that realy DID test fire your gas-rifle, over the people that say they test fired it for function.

Just a thought....

Did you ever think that it might have happened during shipping?

Have you ever seen how the guys in the big brown truck handle boxes?

Thats not possible, the rifle was shipped in a heavy plastic gun case with lots of padding in the case.

Thats not possible, the rifle was shipped in a heavy plastic gun case with lots of padding in the case.

NEVER say that's not possible because it happens all the time in shipping.

but in trying to figure this out...  what was the condition of the egg crate foam in the case? Where were the additional pieces in the case? i.e magazine, sling

The reason why I'm diggin at this is because I know for a fact that the rifles are checked at lease three times by QA.

Once after assembly, during the test fire (with a minimum of 5 rounds if not 10), and before packaging.

Before packaging, they are given a light cleaning but not a thorough cleaning.

Do you have ANY idea of what type of man hours that would take for that? and on the amount of rifles they ship out a day.

What this boils down to is that you need to look at the big picture before trying to place a blame that you have no idea on. There are a lot more moving parts here that what you are considering.

If not call them up, get your trophy rifle sent in for touch up, make it look pretty, mount it on the wall and call it good.

NEVER say that's not possible because it happens all the time in shipping.

but in trying to figure this out...  what was the condition of the egg crate foam in the case? Where were the additional pieces in the case? i.e magazine, sling

The reason why I'm diggin at this is because I know for a fact that the rifles are checked at lease three times by QA.

Once after assembly, during the test fire (with a minimum of 5 rounds if not 10), and before packaging.

Before packaging, they are given a light cleaning but not a thorough cleaning.

Do you have ANY idea of what type of man hours that would take for that? and on the amount of rifles they ship out a day.

What this boils down to is that you need to look at the big picture before trying to place a blame that you have no idea on. There are a lot more moving parts here that what you are considering.

If not call them up, get your trophy rifle sent in for touch up, make it look pretty, mount it on the wall and call it good.

<thumbsup>