• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fidelis Arms 308 Stripped Lower for newby

PreRunnerTRD

So I'm trying to build a 308 and recently purchased a Fidelis Arms 308 stripped lower and I have been searching for the past 3 days; however, i have not found much about Upper receivers that are compatible with this stripped lower.  Additionally, I have several questions:

1. Do all Fidelis Stripped 308 only accepts G3 Mags?

2. What upper receivers would be compatible with this stripped lower? Some people says DPMS; however, it's modified and Chris at Fidelis had mentioned in a forum that it's not suitable since it's modified. 

3. Would the DPMS LPK for the 308 work for this stripped lower?

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you can direct me where I can obtain more info.  Fidelisarms website is not very helpful as it takes me to other internet providers' websites and nothing about this stripped lower.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news....

I am looking for anyone that has been ripped off' date=' scammed, defrauded, etc. by Fidelis Arms in Redmond, OR (not to be confused with Fidelis Firearms in WI).

I am a Deputy Sheriff with the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office in Bend, OR and am investigating cases regarding theft and fraud by Fidelis Firearms and their owners or employees.

If you have been a victim of theft or fraud, please contact me. You can send me a PM, or the preferred method, email me at erick@deschutes.org. You can also call my work number at  541-312-6021 . If you can, please provide copies of any documentation regarding your transaction, including emails, receipts, invoices, etc.

Additionally, please pass this information along to anyone else you know who might have had similar dealings with Fidelis Arms.

Thank you!

Eric Kozowski

Deputy Sheriff

Deschutes County Sheriff's Office [/quote']

I too was almost taken in by this company. The promise of a 12 gauge shotgun upper was almost too good to be true... Well actually, I guess it was too good to be true :cookoo:

As for compatible uppers, I would call CMMG. They're not the best company in the world, but they had quite a bit of dealings with Fidelis Arms when they first started.

For the record... FIDELIS ARMS is not to be confused with "Semper Fidelis Arms" or "Fidelis Firearms". All three are very separate companies from different corners of the country.

I'm sorry, the stripped lower I have is a Fidelis firearm.  Would CCMG would be a good contact still?  I did more research again last night for a few hours and still no luck.  Really trying to figure out which mag my stripped lower takes because g3 doesn't sound very compatiple with anything feasible right now....

If you can post a picture, we might be able to tell right away.

There's a high likelihood that it is a G3 lower. That shouldn't be a huge deterent though. G3 magazines usually cost $5 each. You can thank all the European and South American surplus for that.

I'd still call CMMG. I'll bet they're your best source of information for compatible parts.

Fidelis ARMS and Fidelis FIREARMS are not the same company.

Fidelis Arms is from Oregon

Fidelis Firearms is from Wisconsin

Semper Fidelis Arms is from Minnesota

Fidelis Arms is also known as "Center Mass Tactical".

I have to ask, where did you find one of their lowers? Would you mind letting us know how much it cost?

Thanks for the responses guys!  I finally figured it out!  The lower I have is in fact from Fidelis Arms and apparently they made lowers for CMMG in the past.  The lower I have does not accept G3 mags as I compared it to one that accept G3 mags (different) and after speaking to a local shop that builds it, the stripped lower I have would be compatible with any upper 308/7.62 receiver. 

The lower I have does not accept G3 mags as I compared it to one that accept G3 mags (different) and after speaking to a local shop that builds it, the stripped lower I have would be compatible with any upper 308/7.62 receiver. 

CAUTION!!! It will fit either Armalite AR10 or DPMS based .308ar uppers, glad to hear it isn't the g3 pattern rifle lower, but now it is a must to find out which of the two major types it will fit.

arizonashooting.com. Its a cesspool of hypocrite arguments and thinly veiled racism....but it has a nice classified section. Thats the only reason im in there..(and to anger people with my "libtard" views lol.

Ah, yes...been there and done that.  Looks to me like ARFdotcom but without restrictions on dumb.

Jon

Thanks for the warning!  I'm picking up my lower in a week and the local shop I'm picking it up from also has a DPMS EMployee...I'll check with him.  I'm planning to build it with DPMS upper so he's probably gonna be putting it together for me.  It's just a relief knowing its not a G3 mag lower.