• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 SBR

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I haven't tried mine with the can yet. I only just got her built and legal about 2 weeks ago......after a long wait with the ATF. I just know from running my 10 carbine's with my AAC can, that they overheat (and overgas) after a couple of mags.....and start stuttering. Before eventually freezing up. Lugs usually lock up in the chamber. That's one of the reasons why I use hi-temp bearing grease (a light coating) on the carrier and lugs when I plan to use the can, and don't ever have an issue.

Are you running anything special (extra wet, grease, spit on it <laughs> , or anything)?

Not running anything special. The gun was built by Noveske to be suppressed; perhaps that helps, or maybe I''m just one of the folks that runs a suppressed AR10 without issues.  I don't think I've ever put more than 120 rounds through it at one sitting.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

David, did you do the coating on yours yourself? If not, who did it? Nice rifle.

It's Duracoat; I did this version.

Edited by DavidC