• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 SBR

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok fella's. I finally got a chance to take the 10 SBR (Laura) out to the range this morning. I did it like any other right-thinking American would after staying up half the night. Tired as hell and still hungover (if not still buzzed.......only slept about 2 hours).

First of all, it's in the 80's.....I'm F-ing tired (long week brothers)....I'm sweating alcohol at 0700.........but the range is perfect. Not one other M-Fer around. All by myself (shocker.....I don't really like people)......except all of my brothers from around here that is.

Second.......this was just a functionality test. So don't any of you rat-bastards start bitching that I didn't post any pics of some targets. After all.....how many pictures of holes in paper do you ladies need to see anyway? Sheesh!

So I set the target up and proceed to do slow 5 round groups. Like I said before, I wasn't even trying to zero the girl.......this was more a function test. I did this for about an hour before I started speeding her up. Well, boys.....I gotta tell you. She runs FLAWLESS. I mean, she never even burped. And that was even doing mag dumps as fast as I could pull the trigger. No FTF's.....no FTE's......she just kept chewing up rounds as fast as I could put them through her. She's perfect. Everything that I've expected from her.

I'm not gonna run her with the can until I can change the gas block out. I've just got the block that came with the Noveske barrel for now. And anybody who has tried running the 10 platform without choking down the gas knows why. They'll run.....but not for long. Way too much power and heat. Even using hi-temp bearing grease on the carriers isn't enough. At least from what I've experienced.

Anyway........I just figured that all the brothers who have been following this thread from the start would be interested in the final outcome.

NOW........on to sights...............probably another EOTech. Haven't decided yet.

Semper Fi my brothers.

SIghts.....I'm a F-ing dumbass. I already had this optic for one of my AR-10 Carbines. But on a whim, I placed it on the SBR (Laura), and just ran around the back yard for a little while playing dark ops (it's the kid that still comes outta me), and I noticed that it fits perfect on her. I think that it's fitting for the night before our nations birthday. But anyway, I figured that I'd throw a pic up just so you guys would get the idea. Sorry.....just a crappy cell phone pic.......but you get the idea.

And now........the TA-11-E on my sexy lady...................................

Don't mind the ugly MF-er holdin her.....he don't mean no harm (why is he all in black?).

post-12568-0-49621200-1372907850_thumb.j

and just ran around the back yard for a little while playing dark ops

(why is he all in black?).

You know Ron, we used to have a guy on the PD here that did stuff like that on his nights off. After they put him on medication he was okay (except for when he got off his meds!) <dontknow> <lmao>

Just so you know you're not alone

This would be my 12.5" Noveske Leonidas with the YHM can.

Accuracy with Federal GMM 168gr has been sub moa out to 300 meters (furthest I can conveniently shoot).

MV with the same ammo runs a consistent 2470 measured 10 yards from the muzzle.

Much fun to run around the woods with (when I got it I had 50 acres of woods to play in). I usually run an Aimpoint ML3 on her

leonidas.jpg

Edited by DavidC

Down right sexy. Out-Fing-standing David. Are you running an adjustable block for use with your can? Or just dealing with the abuse that they dish out on 10's? <laughs>

I'm running it as it came from Noveske. Haven't had any issues with the can and that's how I use it most of the time.

Really? I haven't tried mine with the can yet. I only just got her built and legal about 2 weeks ago......after a long wait with the ATF. I just know from running my 10 carbine's with my AAC can, that they overheat (and overgas) after a couple of mags.....and start stuttering. Before eventually freezing up. Lugs usually lock up in the chamber. That's one of the reasons why I use hi-temp bearing grease (a light coating) on the carrier and lugs when I plan to use the can, and don't ever have an issue.

Are you running anything special (extra wet, grease, spit on it <laughs> , or anything)?