• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Propper ammo for Bushmaster ORC .308?

Colcalcipherol

Welcome to the forum, I think that you will find any mil surp ammo is a crap shoot for your rifle, to buy in small quantities at first to see if it will work. American ammo companies would be best, and you'll never have an issue with match grade ammo but some will shoot better than others. Experiment, then buy in bulk. The stuff that will kill you is buying South African or old Argentine stuff, it may work, may not, may be corrosive, may not... <dontknow>

Gentlemen, thanks for the feedback.  I agree that trial and error is ideal; however, I am currently in Afghanistan so I don't currently have that option.  With the current status of our country and government, I want to stock up before I return home.  So, although it's a shot in the dark, I'll try to learn what I can here.  Maybe my neighbor will get the thrill of testing out ammo for me.

What about Federal American Eagle, Federal Premium,  or Magtech.  I know Federal Premium is usually good but I want to get the price down to about $0.75/round.

Gentlemen, thanks for the feedback.  I agree that trial and error is ideal; however, I am currently in Afghanistan so I don't currently have that option.  With the current status of our country and government, I want to stock up before I return home.  So, although it's a shot in the dark, I'll try to learn what I can here.  Maybe my neighbor will get the thrill of testing out ammo for me.

What about Federal American Eagle, Federal Premium,  or Magtech.  I know Federal Premium is usually good but I want to get the price down to about $0.75/round.

Thanks for your service!  You might want to check out Georgia Arms for their bulk ammo.