• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Tumbling

6132expert

i deprime first using the rcbs universal decapping die, i use that so i wont screw up my sizing die. its an extra step but doesnt take much time at all.

same practice here, but I also clean/uniform the primer pocket before I tumble.

Then lube and size.

Then tumble again to clean lube off.

I've not had much problem recently with the media sticking in primer pockets. Could be that the last batch of media was a finer grain...

• 2 weeks later...

I have lots of brass 1x fired from .308 bolt gun. The brass is pretty clean. I was decapping with Lee decap die and then SS media wet tumbling, drying, sizing & then the rest of the prepping. But then I'd want to tumble again to clean any left over lube.

I got a clue and realized I can just lube them and size them first before any tumbling or cleaning. So now I size/decap and then clean in SS media, dry and finish prep (trimming, deburr and chamfer mouths, uniform primer pockets & deburr flash holes. Lots of time saved of course. Too bad brass for semi auto don't last for much use, part of the semi deal.

SS media tumbling = clean and sparkly on outside but equally as absolutly spotless clean on inside. On the inside, that is why, too me, it is so good.

Another thing is that any chewed up rims that are still good but with burrs that need to be knocked down or smoothed out, well the SS wet tumble just takes care of it perfectly. It is the solution that pretty much takes care of everything, except for loose primer pockets which is what kills my brass usage.

Edit; I wanted to say that since I have started with SS media wet tumbling more than one person has seen my results and switched over to the same method. They were completely sold when they saw the method and the results of it.

One guy was not a reloader. He comes over & sees what I do. He in the past few weeks and and bought Dillon 550B and is acquiring all other associated equipement & tools and SS media tumbling stuff and is now a reloader. I was like wtf  <dontknow>

One guy was not a reloader. He comes over & sees what I do. He in the past few weeks and and bought Dillon 550B and is acquiring all other associated equipement & tools and SS media tumbling stuff and is now a reloader. I was like wtf  <dontknow>

Another enabeler  <thumbsup>

I use my Branson ultrasonic cleaner about 90% of the time now and run it 15 to 30 mins (depending on how dirty) using simple green mixed at about 3:1 (I don't use the sonic cleaner heat setting).  They come out spotless inside and out and no tumble media in the primer pocket or flash hole.